Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3rd time's a charm...85 Frankenvette rising from the ashes????

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Hey Guys!

To avoid a very long post, go to my website and click on the 85 Corvette Frankenvette link to the lower left:

www.mcspeed.com

As of two weeks ago, I now own this car again for the 3rd time. It came back to me sans the engine, and a whole lot of damage to the right front. The frame is mashed and right suspension is destroyed.

I am working now on getting used suspension parts and getting the frame pulled. I will be working with VB&P on a full suspension rebuild.

The car will be getting a 5.3 or 6.0 from a late model chevy truck.

Many details to come............

I know it is an economic total lost...and waste of time, but so was another car I picked up about six years ago.............

Stay tuned!

Hi Chris, looks like you will be busy for a while. ;)

What an incredible story!

I have no doubt in my mind you will accomplish exactly what you want to do with this Vette!

Please keep us posted with pics!

SAVE THE :w

Hi Chris,
You were right when you said the the '85 was hurt. If anyone can make it nice again you can.

Tom

You know, after quickly reading the history of the car I can fully understand why you want to get it running again regardless of the economics, or lack thereof. No need to explain. Please keep us apprised of progress, and if you need parts sources ask. I have done a lot of used parts type work on my '89 Ebay rat, which I suspect had a rough life before I got it, so........

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, TX

Chris,

Nice website. It sound like you have a great new/old project car. I was wondering what color you painted the Camaro??

Hey Chris,Just cant seem to say goodbye to that 85 can you.It always finds its way back home.Hope you and the family have a great Thankgiving.Miss you guys here in the O.P. Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom