Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4+3 trans will not shift from first

streetrodder

Corvette
1984 BRIGHT RED COUPE
My niece wanted to go for a ride in my 8 C4 Vette yesterday so I launched off hard and went to shift into 2nd, the shifter went really loose and would not go to any other gear. What should I look for and where. I did take the shift cover (inside) out but do not see any thing that jumps out at me, Please help. Jimmy

Get the car up on jack stands or a lift, get underneath and inspect the shift linkage to verifty all the connections. You may have to remove the exhaust system to do this.

the shifter went really loose and would not go to any other gear. What should I look for and where.
Arm inside trans that connects to the selector fork from the shaft through side cover on trans.They are only pressed on and if you shift hard enough they will come loose and spin
#69 and 70 in diagram
T10 Parts transmission

Parts list
T10 Parts transmission

If you get under car and remove shift linkage at trans you will find you can rotate 1-2 shaft and feel little / no resistance on it compared to the 3-4 shaft

I had the same issue, seems one of the 2 bolts holding the slave cylinder came out. and the slave was just dangling there by one bolt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom