Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 4+3 won't shift

douglas foster

Corvette
1984 C4 Gold coupe, Z51, 4+3 manual, BBS rims,
New clutch master,new slave,bled correctly,push down clutch peddle and slave pushs back fork,can't slect any gears?
engine off i can slect all 4 gears and reverse.
Push in clutch,slect gear,start engine,gear will work,pull out of gear while engine running can't slect any gear.
Singros?
Throw out bearing?
Presure plate?
Also when all this started,went to down shift and felt a weird clutch peddle push back.

Will i have enough money to buy Christmas presents?????

Shift

Sounds like the clutch isn't being released by the pressure plate. When it starts in gear with the clutch in does the car tend to move?

father & son

Yes it will move ,but i can't shift to another gear while moving. If i stop and turn off engine i can select another gear and go forward or reverse. And over drive works fine while driving.So if i take off in 2nd gear and hit over drive i am good. Then if i am real careful i can slip it into third? But to get it to my trans repair man i will have to take off in third then 4th for highway. Wish me luck!

Sounds like the clutch isn't being released by the pressure plate. When it starts in gear with the clutch in does the car tend to move?

won't shift

Does the clutch pedal still work in the same manner it did before the problem started? By that I mean, can you start and stop normally or do you have to have the engine stopped when the car is stopped when in gear?
It's possible that the ball stud has been bent or is broken. Same with the clutch fork. It's also possible that the end of the fork that holds the throwout bearing is bent/broken.

Yes it is possiable, but won't know till we get pulled?
Will let you know,Thank you

QUOTE=jazfe;1082649]Does the clutch pedal still work in the same manner it did before the problem started? By that I mean, can you start and stop normally or do you have to have the engine stopped when the car is stopped when in gear?
It's possible that the ball stud has been bent or is broken. Same with the clutch fork. It's also possible that the end of the fork that holds the throwout bearing is bent/broken.[/QUOTE]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom