Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4 seat Corvette!

Gersh

Corvette
"06 Z06, Kawasaki ZZR, "66 supercharged Chev 489
My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.
Gersh

My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

Gersh
No.;)

Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!

Ditto the CTS-V. You will likeit more each day. Just replace the Goodyears with a better rain tire like the DSG and have a ball.

I remember in some corvette mamgazine, or somewhere, there was a company in L.A. that made back seats to slip in to mid years. That was years ago, but the thread reminded me of it.

GM made one 4 seater midyear as a prototype. Maybe you can talk the General out of it. :D

Gersh
Don't know about a 4 seat Vette, but the first title I got from Florida for my 2000 Coupe showed it as a 4 door :L ! Xeroxed the title, sent the original back, and they corrected it. Cool conversation piece.
Andy :w

Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!
Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06.
Also, I (with my wife) already have two Corvettes, a minivan, two pickups, a '68 Charger which I restored, a '66 SS Chevelle I'm working on, and a street bike. Also two dirt bikes, three 4-wheelers, one go-cart, a riding lawnmower and three farm tractors. And a Powered Parachute. I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...

Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06. .........
I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...

I don't think extra belts in a Vette is possible. I did see a couple of kids riding in the back of a C5 Z06 the other day. They were sitting sideways in the trunk - it was during a parade, of course; no belts but they had nice pillows.

If you were to take a test drive in the CTS-V you might change your mind about Cadillacs. My "V" has the LS6 motor and newer "V's" have the LS2 motor. They are 6-speed manuals only and have 3.73 gears. Definitely not as quick as a Z06 but they move out pretty good for a car that weights ~3700#.

Good luck with your 4-seat Vette search.

Look around

As long as you have the money,,, you can install an extra two seats n the back if your vett is a hatchback. Just make sure you install seatbelts. MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND!
My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering... Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there??? I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.Gersh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom