Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4-speed Muncie

M

Modifierracing

4 speed munci

Munci 4 speed aluminum housing with no miles
Came out of an 85 vette, 4 speed munci, just rebuilt. HD internals, stock gear ratios inside. Includes bellhousing, clutch assembly with throwout bearing and pilot bearing, and flywheel(just turned), clutch pedal, clutch master and slave, shifter and linkage. make offer

It wasn't Muncie...

From 1984 through 1988, the fourth generation Corvette (C4) used the Doug Nash (formerly Borg-Warner) "4+3" as a manual transmission.

This one doesnt have the electronic part for the 4+3 and according to the tranny builder it was a munci, but I could be wrong. It is not the original tranny. He said I could put munci m-21 or M-22 gear sets in it.

Dan

Sounds like someone didn't care for the 4+3 and swapped a Muncie in it's place. ;)

_ken :w

There should be casting numbers on the passenger side of the case and it should also have some build dates and vin stamped into the case on the passenger side high on the back corner where it bolted up to the rear assymbly check it out and let me know what you see back there

johnny

This is all it has on the passenger side

US Patent No. 8088336

General Motors Corp.

On the tailshaft it has

Hope this helps

Dan

Did those # help at all? I am curious as to what it is as well now.

Dan

Well it looks like it is a M20 or M21 according to what I found on the web, unless someone can correct me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom