Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

$40,000 Contribution to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation from ProTeam -->

racelance

Corvette
95 ZR1, '05 Callaway, 2 R9G's & 2 '89 Challenge
$40,000 Contribution Made to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation
January 16, 2007

CARLISLE, Pa. – In a moving ceremony Sunday evening at Barrett-Jackson’s opening event, Lance Miller, son of Chip Miller, accepted a $40,000 contribution from ProTeam Corvette to The Chip Miller Charitable Foundation. Chip Miller was one of the founders of Carlisle Events, and an ambassador and leader in the collector car hobby. His special passion was his love of the Corvette and is recognized as one of the leaders in the Corvette hobby. Miller died in 2004 from the rare deadly disease Amyloidosis, a plasma cell disorder which creates a protein buildup in the body. In accepting the check Lance Miller commented, “On behalf of myself, my father, and The Chip Miller Charitable Foundation, we’d like to thank Terry and Fred Michealis, Barrett-Jackson and the Last Corvette project for helping us raise money and awareness for Amyloidosis, the deadly disease that took my father’s life in March, 2004. ProTeam, while going around the country with The "Last"™ Corvette encouraged Corvette enthusiasts to donate to the foundation. They generously matched contributions dollar-for-dollar up to $40,000. ”
contribution.jpg
The "Last"™ Corvette is a 1967 Corvette Coupe, 427-390 hp, 4 speed, VIN #22940. It has Silver Pearl paint with Black interior and is optioned with an L-36 427-390 engine, factory air conditioning, side dual exhaust, power steering, telescopic steering column, 3.55 positract axle, M-21 close ratio transmission, AM/FM radio, tinted glass, and red stripe tires. The "Last"™ Corvette is the "Last"™ 1967 Corvette, the "Last"™ Sting Ray, the "Last"™ mid-year, the "Last"™ mid-year big block, the "Last"™ mid-year air Corvette, the "Last"™ mid-year factory side exhaust Corvette, the "Last"™ mid-year Corvette Coupe, and the "Last"™ C-2.
The "Last"™ Corvette will be sold during prime time at the Barrett-Jackson Auction this week. Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694. For more information about Amyloidosis and the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation, visit www.chipmiller.org. For more information about The Last Corvette and ProTeam visit www.lastcorvette.com.
proteam.jpg
Carlisle Events, host of 10 collector car, truck and motorcycle events, attracts more than half a million people to its 82-acre fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pa., each year. Included in the annual schedule are two huge automotive swap meets – in the spring and fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world.

Lance

That is a great thing,

Keep up the great work

Your Dad would be proud

Thank you for your kind words.

Sincerely,

Lance

Lance, how cool for ProTeam to do this. I hope that the money does lots of great things. What a legacy in honor of your father.

Lance, how cool for ProTeam to do this. I hope that the money does lots of great things. What a legacy in honor of your father.

Tom-

Thank you, I know he's smiling down - it's nice to know he's still making a difference and will continue to do so in the future. He was an great person and incredible father.

It was very kind for ProTeam to donate such a large check to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation, the entire board was thrilled about it. It was a true pleasure working with Terry and the gang.

Have a good evening,

Lance

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom