Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40 years of dreaming and procrastinating.. I finally got a Vette..

KLUTZ

Corvette
1987 Bright Red convertible
Good evening all,
I finally got a Corvette last Friday and although it isn't the '63 Split window coupe that I've dreampt about, it will be a good starting point for me. A buddy of mine knew I was looking for a "Project" Vette to keep me busy for the winter and put me in touch with a pal of his who had his late Father's '87 red convertible sitting tucked away in his warehouse for 14 years. I went and took a look (at the encouragement of my Wife). The car has 220,000km on it and was owned from new by the same family. The sport seats are shot, the exhaust is gone, the body needs paint, but not horrible, and his Brother had taken a few bits off the engine for his Camero, over the years.. :mad But I saw promise in it. I offered $1800.00 for it and it was in my driveway that afternoon. The underneath is in remarkable condition with little rust, very solid and the suspension is great.
I am not new to the car restoration game as I have two MGB's which I have restored; a 1964, finished this summer and a 1974.5 MGBGT, which was a 6 year project and replacement of over 90% of it. Both cars are absolutely gorgeous but I think it is time for some power... as I'm almost 50. ;)
After spending a couple days with the car my first goal will be to just get it running. I have found I'm getting no power to the fuel pump and no power to the FP fuse either. I'm thinking the relay might be shot but I've been doing a lot of searching and reading on this and other Corvette forums. I will post my issues and roadblocks in the appropriate areas.
I'll put up a picture of my new purchase in the morning when I'm not at work. Would it be out of line to put a picture of my two British acomplishments here as well just to show what I think I can make of this soon to be beautiful Vette Convertible?
Looking forward to being part of a great group.

Paul

Welcome to the Corvette world and welcome to the :CAC

This is your intro thread, to tell us a little bit about yourself, your Vette, your motivations and accomplishments... I see no reason why you can't share photos of your Vette and your MGB's here. I know I'd love to see them. :thumb

When I was in college, one of my sisters was a Homecoming maid and I asked a married, older friend and her husband if they'd drive my sis in the Homecoming Events in their 74 MGB convertible. You can guess my surprise (and thrill) when they told me to come pick the car up and keep it overnight, and drive her myself. I was 19 years old and driving a car kids my age would drool over.

Now that's a fun memory! :cool!:

Here are a few links to help you get started:

1984 - 1996 Corvettes

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

Corvette Action Center | Tech | Corvette Featured Articles

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Model Center

Have fun and enjoy the forums!
:wJane Ann

Paul,

I totally agree with Jane Ann...please post pictures of both your "new" Corvette and those beautiful MGBs!! And welcome to the Corvette Action Center, as well as the World of Corvettes! :thumb

Elaine

DSCF4951.jpg
DSCF4949.jpg

DSCF4937.jpg
DSCF4913-1.jpg

Here is my $1,800.00 Project after I got the 14 years of dust and dirt off it. The seats are toast but I have a fantastic upholsterer up here who did my MGB seats. I'll use him I think. The car looks real good from 20' as well..

And, here are my two major accomplishments:

DSCF4814.jpg
DSCF4776.jpg
DSCF4794.jpg

DSCF4387.jpg
DSCF3451.jpg
DSCF3536.jpg

Hopefully I can get the Vette looking and running as nicely.

Welcome to the Forum Paul. :w From the looks of your MG's, you should have a very nice Corvette when finished.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom