Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary 40th anniversary color

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

volume351

Corvette
1993 COUPE
is it easy to get my hands on the 40th anniversary color....
and any one know the cost?
whats the actual color name...thinking about painting my car that color...

Hi,

That's "Ruby Red" for the 40th anniversary....love that color! Are you planning to do the painting yourself?

Elaine

volume351 said:
is it easy to get my hands on the 40th anniversary color....
and any one know the cost?
whats the actual color name...thinking about painting my car that color...

Are you referring to Ruby Red? Or one of the other 9 choices in the 40th family? Which are:
1. Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
2. Competition Yellow
3. Bright Aqua Metallic
4. Torch Red
5. Dark Red Metallic
6. Black Rose Metallic
7. Black
8. Arctic White
9. Polo II Green Metallic

Either way, just give the paint code to the mixer and you'll be straight for the squirt!!!!
:w

vee93 said:
Are you referring to Ruby Red? Or one of the other 9 choices in the 40th family? Which are:
1. Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
2. Competition Yellow
3. Bright Aqua Metallic
4. Torch Red
5. Dark Red Metallic
6. Black Rose Metallic
7. Black
8. Arctic White
9. Polo II Green Metallic

Either way, just give the paint code to the mixer and you'll be straight for the squirt!!!!

i thought it was just ruby red... for the actual 40th ann. car???

my dad would most likely get someone from his work to paint it...

volume351 said:
i thought it was just ruby red... for the actual 40th ann. car???

my dad would most likely get someone from his work to paint it...

For the 40th Anny Edition coupe, convertible and ZR-1, yes--Ruby Red is the stock color with the special emblems, matching interior and sawblade caps.
Note I listed the other colors that are in the 40th family, all of which came with 40th stitched in the headrests-that's all. They are not the 40th Anniversary Edition Vettes.

Any auto paint supply company can mix the color for you. The cost can vary some by brand. It's a base coat/clear coat color.

One of the Ruby owners can jump in and get you the GM color code (68 I think) and the WA code. Take the codes to the paint supply store so they can properly mix it.

vee93 said:
For the 40th Anny Edition coupe, convertible and ZR-1, yes--Ruby Red is the stock color with the special emblems, matching interior and sawblade caps.
Note I listed the other colors that are in the 40th family, all of which came with 40th stitched in the headrests-that's all. They are not the 40th Anniversary Edition Vettes.

oh another thing... i have cloth seasts...with no 40th in the seats...
whats that about... were going to be buying leather seats with the 40th in it... i just wonder how much that will be...
thanks guys..

Ruby Interior

The Interior of my Ruby 1993 is Ruby red leather seats, and Ruby carpet. The seats will cost around $700.00 for covers, the carpet is around $400.00. if you want to make it look like a 40th . Also on the panels near the front are 40th anniversary emblems.

volume351 said:
oh another thing... i have cloth seasts...with no 40th in the seats...
whats that about... were going to be buying leather seats with the 40th in it... i just wonder how much that will be...
thanks guys..

Oh yeah...
Forgot about the cloth seats. There were C4s available with cloth seats before leather became a standard option.
What's the original color of your car anyway? I can't really tell from your avatar. Black, Polo II Green or some kinda blue? Why not just upgrade the car to it's original status--get under the hood and go from there?
If you aren't all that attached to the car yet, you could sell it and just buy yourself a 40th Anny Edition.
If you're determined to swap out the color and interior, just remember, you're stuck with a copycat Vette if you ever wanna resell the car. The VIN will be a dead give-a-way.
Check out Mid America, Eckler's, Corvette America, Corvette Central and Zip Corvette for stock and aftermarket parts. Check Ebay Motors for complete seats. I saw a few sets for sale, but don't remember the color or if they were standard or sport seats.
That interior leather is gonna costs you some kinda money. You change the seats, you gotta do the carpet too. All that in the 40th Anny is Ruby Red. Then you gotta get the 40th emblems--you'll need 2 for each side of the car. The hood and gas door emblems have the silver ring around the chevy bowtie and checkered flag, whereas the other 93s, like mine (except the Grand Sport) have a black ring.
The sawblades have special badging also.

its polo green...

i was going to buy black 40th seats... and just paint it the color not all the other stuff...
my idea: paint it (ruby red, Black Rose Metallic or subaru impreza blue), find 40th seats USED, and put on 2003 zo6 wheels that i have..but still NEED 1 front and 1 rear (bought of a car that was in accident) oh and put on new vette emblems.. oh and magnaflow exhaust... and be done...

thats the idea...tell me what you think

volume351 said:
its polo green...

i was going to buy black 40th seats... and just paint it the color not all the other stuff...
my idea: paint it (ruby red, Black Rose Metallic or subaru impreza blue), find 40th seats USED, and put on 2003 zo6 wheels that i have..but still NEED 1 front and 1 rear (bought of a car that was in accident) oh and put on new vette emblems.. oh and magnaflow exhaust... and be done...

thats the idea...tell me what you think

Sounds good to me. Heck, it's your Vette. Do what you wanna do, long as YOU'RE happy!!! And when you get all that done, don't forget to post some pixs!!!

You also wrote and I quote: ..."and be done"..... Riiiiiiiight! LOL!!! Honey, we're never d.o.n.e. There's always SOMETHING to do whether the Vette needs it or not. :w

The RPO Z25 option was the Ruby Red exterior, interior and carpet. It had a color code of 68. It also had the chrome emblems fore and aft and the only 40th with the "40" mounted on the sides of the clam shell.
steamboat.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom