Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4L60 in an '80?

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
Could I put a 4L60 in my '80 and buy some kind of an electronic control box that would run the transmission vs putting in a 700R4 that isn't run by electronics and of course my '80 doesn't have electronics. But if I ever put in an LS1 or 2 I'd be ready for it's electronics via the 4L60?

That would be alot of work, and alot of running new wires and stand- alone computers and components. Try this site, http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com. I converted my 79 to a 700r4, from them... I love it and the cars MOVES. The 4L60 and 700r4 are the same trans, just a different name and the 4L60 has and extra 1st and 2nd gear clutch. The 4L60E is the electronic version. Any questions, Ill be glad to answer them.
Best Wishes
zachh

Could I put a 4L60 in my '80 and buy some kind of an electronic control box that would run the transmission vs putting in a 700R4 that isn't run by electronics and of course my '80 doesn't have electronics. But if I ever put in an LS1 or 2 I'd be ready for it's electronics via the 4L60?
Two things...
1) Why would you go to a lesser powered motor than what you already have?
2) Essentially the same transmission, so refer back to #1.

If you are concerned about making power, you can make more with carburation than you can with fuel injection. (I can't explain why, but I've heard that from both Mallet and ATI.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom