Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

5 yrs and still on stock batt

Your battery is a AGM if you look at the lower tag in the middle at the top of the tag.:)

OK, when I first read your reply I thought you were drunk :drink, but a after looking at "the tag" I see what you were trying to say. Thanks.

Yep, it's an agm batt. Hmmm, some of us must have gotten some of the good ones. I heard that the agm's were replaced/discontinued for poor performance.

My '99, born 3/29/99, had the original battery in it until I took the car in last December before I put it away for the winter. I asked the dealer to change the positive cable since it was hard to get the threads to engage last spring when I got it out (I usually just disconnect the battery for the four or five months I store it). He called to say they couldn't get the cable out of the battery. Apparently it welded itself in the terminal, so I got a new battery & cable. Eight plus years seems real reasonable to me considering I never hook up a trickle charger to it. Seems from reading this thread the earlier C5's had better batteries in them, or there are just fewer electronics to drain them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom