Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

500's

Cor83883

Corvette
1991 Callaway Roadster
Does anyone know how many Callaway 500's were produced? I've added the production numbers from the Black Book and come up with slight less than 500 so there are obviously a few missing from documentation.

Do you own a Callaway, or are you an enthusiast???

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center and the Callaway Forum :beer

the CallawayOwnersGroup.com website reflects the true count for the cars, correcting the black book's figures.

I hope this helps and again, welcome! :beer

Thanks, Obviously I am new to the site and overlooked the tab.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center and the Callaway Forum :beer

the CallawayOwnersGroup.com website reflects the true count for the cars, correcting the black book's figures.

I hope this helps and again, welcome! :beer

Congrats and we will all be waiting for that first drive report! :D

I've wanted a Callaway since the first time I saw one. I have owned a number of Vettes over the years with my latest being a 40th anniversary roadster. Just recently my high school buddy asked me to drive him to Salt Lake to pick up his 91 ZR1. Once we got it home he immediately challenged me to race at the local drag strip and of course he beat me. We discussed various performance options to improve my car and then we looked at what Corvette Mike had. The rest is history. Next open track night is Sept 9th, 2 91's, a Callaway and a ZR1...its gonna be fun and will post the results.

Thanks Luigi, yours is a sweet car as well. Let me know if you hear of a set of original wheels for sale.

Congrtats Cor83883

To answer one of your questions Callaway only made 10 "500 series" cars. They were supposed to be the last TT cars built, but I think a couple of others snuck through. I have seen more than half of the 500 series cars he built because I wanted to buy one. How I didnt buy one to this day I have no idea. I remember it like yesterday, the one I really wanted to buy was red 6 speed coupe with the rare Z07 option. I've seen the car you bought back in 91 while it was being built....you beat me to the punch,I was thinking of calling Mike and adding this one right next to the other one in my garage. Oh well snooze you loose. Congrats again on your purchase and owning one of the more rarer examples of a Callaway TT. I'm a little jealous...LOL. Actually you are right, if I remember correctly callaway tried to number it so these were actually built as the 500th car,501st car, etc. all the way to car #510. One problem they never made it to car 500 but still built the 500 series car. It was close though if I remember correctly. Congrats again and enjoy the new callaway...oh yeah make sure you post and let us know if you beat the king of the hill...

You're a lucky guy. For what it's worth, you beat me to that car by one day. I looked at it a few weeks ago, and the other day I called CM to make an offer - and the salesman told me it had been sold the day before. I was pretty disappointed at the time, but it sounds like it went to someone who will really appreciate it.

Congratulations! My search continues, but I'm hoping to join the ranks of Callaway owners soon.

I've wanted a Callaway since the first time I saw one. I have owned a number of Vettes over the years with my latest being a 40th anniversary roadster. Just recently my high school buddy asked me to drive him to Salt Lake to pick up his 91 ZR1. Once we got it home he immediately challenged me to race at the local drag strip and of course he beat me. We discussed various performance options to improve my car and then we looked at what Corvette Mike had. The rest is history. Next open track night is Sept 9th, 2 91's, a Callaway and a ZR1...its gonna be fun and will post the results.

Congrtats Cor83883

To answer one of your questions Callaway only made 10 "500 series" cars. They were supposed to be the last TT cars built, but I think a couple of others snuck through. I have seen more than half of the 500 series cars he built because I wanted to buy one. How I didnt buy one to this day I have no idea. I remember it like yesterday, the one I really wanted to buy was red 6 speed coupe with the rare Z07 option. I've seen the car you bought back in 91 while it was being built....you beat me to the punch,I was thinking of calling Mike and adding this one right next to the other one in my garage. Oh well snooze you loose. Congrats again on your purchase and owning one of the more rarer examples of a Callaway TT. I'm a little jealous...LOL. Actually you are right, if I remember correctly callaway tried to number it so these were actually built as the 500th car,501st car, etc. all the way to car #510. One problem they never made it to car 500 but still built the 500 series car. It was close though if I remember correctly. Congrats again and enjoy the new callaway...oh yeah make sure you post and let us know if you beat the king of the hill...

Long Live the KOTH!
I am the friend refered to in the post about the ride to Salt Lake. I went over last night late and that Callaway is just flat beautiful. The paint is in great shape and the interior is like new. The wheels actually grow on you after a bit. We went for a short ride and I am impressed. That baby hauls the bacon once the turbos kick in (which doesn't take long). As mentioned we are headed to the strip tonight for a very memoriable outing. How often do you all think a Calloway 500 (or any TT) and a ZR-1 (both '91's) have been raced side by side? We hope to get some announcing and pictures for this event. We are treating as an event too.
John Boyd
Nampa Idaho
'91 ZR-1 Red/Black #458

number of "500's" built?

I understood that the 500 series cars all came with a custom bra, custom embroidered floor mats, a '500" badge and a car cover to fit the Aerobody. I think all of them were Aerobodys. They all also got different wheels - OZ's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom