Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

500's

Well we went out to the track an the Callaway was DOA. Bad alternator. I have added a new post on replacing the alternator on a Callaway, hope it is as easy as replacement on a standard Vette, but there is a bracket attached to the tensioner. Thanks for any input on this.
We will be attempting to race again on Oct. 7th.

Doesn't sound too bad. Pictures on the previous post didn't come up but it sounds like you push down on the front tensioner pully. We will try it in the morning.
Thanks

There are at least 508

Does anyone know how many Callaway 500's were produced? I've added the production numbers from the Black Book and come up with slight less than 500 so there are obviously a few missing from documentation.

I am a new member to the forum (and the COG). I am the original owner of TT #508. A TT, aerobody convertible. It was one of the last and was custom painted Candy Apple Blue by Callaway and also had factory OZ wheels. I think they were getting prepared for the speedsters in making mine.

At the time I purchased, I was under the impression there were either 512 or 513 made. I am researchin my file to see if I can find anything in writing.

I would like to do some reasearch with the group via VIN numers to get some conclusive numbers

My VIN ends 107771 (i.e. the 7,771 Corvette for 91). Does anyone have a TT with a higher VIN?

Thanks,
Bob Shonk
Austin, TX

Welcome aboard Bob! Id love to see some pictures of your car. If you need them hosted email them to me and I'll post them up for you. :beer

Steve,

You are correct, I do have the bra you are refering to that is custom for the Aerobody, the floor mats and the car cover. When I checked with Callaway a few years ago on the number of Aerobody's that were ordered and installed by Callaway (as opposed to by owner after the fact) they told me the following:

Their computer can not sort by when the Abody's were installed so they can't break it down that far but they did say:
In 1990 - 22 coupes and 14 conv's have abody's
In 1991 - 23 coupes and 25 conv's have abody's
*Source - Joanne Mercer at Callaway

Regards,
Bob Shonk

, that is true.
I understood that the 500 series cars all came with a custom bra, custom embroidered floor mats, a '500" badge and a car cover to fit the Aerobody. I think all of them were Aerobodys. They all also got different wheels - OZ's.

I am a new member to the forum (and the COG). I am the original owner of TT #508. A TT, aerobody convertible. It was one of the last and was custom painted Candy Apple Blue by Callaway and also had factory OZ wheels. I think they were getting prepared for the speedsters in making mine.

At the time I purchased, I was under the impression there were either 512 or 513 made. I am researchin my file to see if I can find anything in writing.

I would like to do some reasearch with the group via VIN numers to get some conclusive numbers

My VIN ends 107771 (i.e. the 7,771 Corvette for 91). Does anyone have a TT with a higher VIN?

Thanks,
Bob Shonk
Austin, TX

Bob, welcome :beer

...the defininative number I have, it 510 cars in the TT run. We accounted for them all, including one 1986 Callaway TT that was done. There is a booklet with the breakdown of this information that was avail. at Bloomington Gold back in 2004 when the cars were (a part of) the Special Collection XX.

The information has also been scanned and added here: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Numbers.htm with the images of the pages down at the very bottom :cool

re: your car - I am certain it is one of the last - Anyone with one higher???

Again, Welcome!
~ Chris

Picts

Sorry in advance for the lousy pictures, but I had to scan prints because my car is still in MD. I just moved to Austin and am having it shipped down here shortly. I'll update them when it gets here, but for now...

Bob Shonk

Welcome aboard Bob! Id love to see some pictures of your car. If you need them hosted email them to me and I'll post them up for you. :beer

Nice car Bob! Texas has to be about no#1 for Callaways these days! looking forward to more pictures!!

Does anyone know how many Callaway 500's were produced? I've added the production numbers from the Black Book and come up with slight less than 500 so there are obviously a few missing from documentation.

How is that Series 500 Callaway you bought, doing these days??

Haven't heard from you in awhile - thought I would ask :w :v

Hi Bob,
Steve Batch here,
I may have a pic of your car in the Callaway shop taken just before it shipped. Very striking color!

Steve,

Any chance you could send me a digital copy of the picture?

Thanks,
Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom