Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th - A good buy?

W

webxfx

Hey everyone,

We currently have a 81 4speed car and just bought a Trailblazer SS, fell in love with that LS2 to much that I want to get a newer vette now. Can't quite afford a C6 - so looking at a C5.

What I realy want is a 03 50th Coupe, or 04 Z16

I have not just found a 03 50th Covert with a 6 speed, low miles, one owner car, looks like its off the show room floor and the price is fair. Being that almost 50% of all 03's where 50th editions is it a good buy? For future collecting...

Hello Webxfx,
And I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

You're going to get varying opinions on the part of your question that pertains to buying a 50th Anniversary Edition for it's collectability. Yes, it's got a unique color combination, and of course, like all 2003's, it has the 50th Anniversary badging on the logo. Your find sounds like an excellent one, but if it were me, I'm not sure I would buy it simply because 25 years from now, it might be considered a collectible.

If, in all other respects, the car checks out as having been maintained properly, I'd buy it to enjoy the fun of driving it and watching heads turn as you do.

I'm sure others will have some additional opinions to offer up.

Again, welcome!

:w
-Patrick

HI there,
THE BEST part of the 50th, is the F55 Magnetic ride control.
EXCELLENT suspension, gives feel, smoothness and at the limit handling when needed.
JMO, allthebest, c4c5

What is it like to drive a C5 Convertible? top up or down, for noice... stuff like that.

I have a 75 Caprice Classic Convertible and hate taking it on the hi-way cause you can't even here yourself think :) but ya its a 75 so that's expected

What is it like to drive a C5 Convertible? top up or down, for noice... stuff like that.

I have a 75 Caprice Classic Convertible and hate taking it on the hi-way cause you can't even here yourself think :) but ya its a 75 so that's expected

I love my convertible!! I drive top up for most long drives at highway speeds (70 MPH) but I drive it top down when I can take my time and cruise at a slower pace (55 MPH or less). When driving top up on the highway I can listen to music and hear my cell phone with no problem, though I'm sure it's not as quiet as a coupe.

:wJane Ann

2401_and_2407_800.jpg

I would agree with Jane Ann, the convertible is pretty quiet with the top up. I was really surprised at how quiet it really is. My only other experience was with a '66 Austin Healey Sprite and it was just noisy no matter what. I took my first long road trip with the Vette last month and the noise was no problem at all, plus it was so fun to drive.

I've had a similar trip. Here's my story.

I have a low mileage (46k) '81 that I love. I think the late edition C3s are the greatest looking vettes. But I wanted something with more juice.

Also think that the late edition C5s represent a great combination of sensational car and exceptional value.

Earlier this year I bought a low mileage (10k) one owner '04 Z06 Z16 Le Mans Commemorative Edition. There were just 2025 of these beauties made at the end of the C5 Z06 production run to commemorate Corvette's success racing in the American Le Mans sports car series.

This spring I drove the '04 Z06 cross country Florida/California and return. Later this summer we'll circle the country from Florida to New England, across to Washington, down the coast to southern California and then drive around some out West before heading home to Florida.

It's a wonderful car. Search for and read Hib Halvorsen's article on the Z16 CE posted somewhere on this forum.
Whatever you decide re a late edition C5, you won't go wrong. It's the perfect compliment to an 81. Don't worry too much about some future value of the car, it's too much fun not to enjoy now.

Jupiter

Rare Anniversary

Now here's a 2003 Anniiversary Edition Coupe that might have some value in the future. It's the only one that was signed by the manufacturing folks as it was being built. Car resides in New Jersey and the owner says it's "not" for sale.

Remo:cool
910e6905.jpg

one more question - I think I'm going to pick it up

Its a (one owner) 6sp Convertable with from what I can tell all options, CD changer, body side... and has just over 5000mi/8000km on it
- what would you pay for it? I think I'm getting a sick deal but just want to make sure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom