Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 50th Anniversary packages; were all red metallic?

DennisC

Tonight I'm checking a 03' spiral gray coupe advertised as a "50th Anniversary Corvette", but the data base says that the 50th anniversary package cars were red metallic. Would a gray car have the full "50th" package. I'm trying have an on-line appraisal in hand when I see the car.

:w Dennis,

"Would a gray car have the full "50th" package.?"
No it does not have the 1SC package which includes:
  • 94U ~ Anniversary Red Metallic Paint
  • WA873K ~ Light Warm Nickel Metallic Wheels
  • 1SC ~ 50th Logo embroidered on the seat head rest and other minor details I can't remember right off hand.

True all 2003 built Corvettes are 50th Anniversary built and sport the 50th logo on the nose and rear deck, but only the 1SC Optioned 2003 were sold as Anniversary Edtion Corvettes ;)

Bud

This is true but the anniversary addition is real nice

Technically, all 2003 Vettes were 50th Anniversary cars as they all have the 50th Anniversary logo in the C5 emblems on both ends but the 50th Anniversary Edition (AE) was a special case. All 2003 AE's were Anniversary Red with the Shale interior and dash and all came with F55 MagnaRide suspension.

So, a spiral gray 2003 could be advertisied as a "50th Anniversay Corvette" but it would not be correct to call it a "50th Anniversary Edition" or special package.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom