Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th Anniversary Pictures and Information Unveiled

Rob's on top of the game!

Those are real cool pictures. It looks like that Pace Car is going to look real nice. I'm not really a fan of decals and all, but I think they made it look classy. The gold tint on the wheels was just breathtaking!

Thanks for making this site the best.

Edmond

I forgot about the interior...

I really like the color of the interior. Maybe it's because my interior is white and I'm a fan of extremely light colored interiors.

I'm assuming that the Pace Car edition will be very limited? Have any production numbers been released for that?

Edmond,

Not sure. I haven't heard about production numbers. As soon as I they are released, I'll post them here.

Purple Anniversary Corvette

I guess I'm still trying to figure out how they paint a Gold Anniverary car purple. 50th is gold after all. I was hoping for a killer gold pearl with some truely awesome wheels, saddle leather with special 50th graphics embroidered in gold and a couple mild body tweaks. A short spoiler and special hood would have done it. Then make the package available on the coupe and convert but not the FRC. Engine and suspension would be Z06 standard. Exterior badging would be wheel center caps and a small chrome plated emblem on the hood sides. No stinking decals. The Pace Car interior and 50th emblems would also work on a gold car. The wheels aren't as nice as the production polished ones.

It would have been elegant conservitive and would have been a special Corvette forever. Production would have been limited to 500 ensuring it's desireabilty over the years. Oh well, isn't like I could afford one anyway. I'm sure GM will sell all of the Purple Anniversary cars they can build. When my wife and I reach our 50th (purple) anniversary I wonder if she will want grapes instead of gold?

Tom

From those of us north of the border, eh....thanks for the heads-up info on the 50th....I like it!

Ron Fellows for president....

Don't get me wrong. I like the car but since when does purple have anything to do with a Golden Anniversery?

Maybe I'm being too picky.

Tom

Maybe ..

Hey Tom:

Not everyone likes Turquoise either!!

Personally I love the new 50th!

Besides, purple is my favourite colour!!

Different strokes for different folks huh??

I like the colors but doesn't it look alot like a fourty anniversary only in a c-5 ?

I'm a little disappointed in the 50th. The paint doesn't grab me in any way.

I guess it could be worse. I expected more with Lutz at the helm.

I sure hope that they do better with the C6.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Brad

Pace & 50th Aniversary Info

Hey Rob:

I checked Corvette Forum, NCM, and several other Websites and none had as much information and photos as this one were. You did an excellent job!!! (again!)

RR

Thanks for the pictures, Rob. I just re-joined hoping to get some glimpse of the 50th anniversary model.

But purple?! I had heard that they couldn't get a gold color to work (and probably be gaudy as all get out) and would try some other color. But purple?! My '96 Grand Sport looks better; which gave me the idea that maybe they could do some red, white, and blue combo without overdoing it (one main color and touches of the other two?). Now I have to rethink my buying plans, and I was saving my pennies to go along with trading in my '98 green coupe. When does the C6 come out? :)

The flying pennant (?) looks good, but I could do without the Indy 500 info on my would-be car.

Glen

That's the 50th? That's it? Nothing more? Oh well, back to sleep. :z

--Bullitt

Great Job!

Pictures look great! I can't wait until I get my 50th's in! I'll get showroom pics etc posted on the site as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom