Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

57 restomod going home

porch dog

well it's been a long road but the 57 is going home today . this has been an interesting build for me. it is the first restomod for me as i usually do restorations or streetrods .

Looks like you did a great job on the 57. :w Too bad you can't keep them all.

Beautiful work!

-Mac

Good job Porch Dog. It's really looks good. I hope i can get my 61 looking that good.:thumb:thumb Ace

Time to enjoy. :upthumbs

Ah, air conditioning - and a good fitting hood!:beer

That is an awesome car. I like how the car kept its identity despite the new improvements. All the great original styling but it drives and handles like a new one, really cool. I'm sure it'll be a car people magnet.

i've done other work for steve but this was his first restomod. he usually does restorations. i wasn't too sure on the color at first but i'm painting my 54 ford pu the same color.but he loves it so all is good. the car turned out really well. few issues with the ls1 but otherwise ok. this was a really rough basket case to begin with. this is a link to the build if you's like to see more of it. enjoy :beer
StreetRodding.com

Hi
I had fired the car up a couple of times last fall, (had a cooling issue but that is fixed now)
I lost my job this past spring due to the slowdown in the automotive industry, so I could not justify spending the extra amount to finish it for the street this summer. We are going to take it to the racetrack at the end of August or first of Sept for a test and tune day
I will be happy if I get that out of it, until things come back around in the economy. There will probably be some bugs to sort out anyway with the amount of work that has been done to the car
take care
Tom

That is an awesome car. I like how the car kept its identity despite the new improvements. All the great original styling but it drives and handles like a new one, really cool. I'm sure it'll be a car people magnet.

Agree. :upthumbs Great looking car.

Rich

things will come back tom . my first car took for ever to get together. i'm down to my last customer car and just cant decide if i will take in any more or retire and just build my own stuff for a while. i'm definitely done with building streetrods for the public. but i've been playing with corvettes since high school . steve has a 54 he wants to do the same way. and i still enjoy working on glass so i guess i'll stick to fiberglass for a while. good luck with it.:thumb
on a sad note we have to replace the hood. the hinge area was busted up really bad. on side held the other did not. some things you just cant fix.

Hey Shine..

Yep...I know this is an old thread...but!

I saw this car at Azle High School parking lot (The Big Car Show) a couple of weeks ago.

Even though I have been watching the build the from time time and new it would be nice I was "still" impressed. VERY NICE job!! Beatuiful car!!!

I talked to Steve Parker briefly...He's very proud of it !

Anyway ...just thought I'd drop this in on the old thread...keep up the good work. You'll have to drop by and give me some pointers on my '61/Dawson chassis project when your in the Azle/100 area. I could use some advise on a couple of things.....

:thumb See ya'..
Best regards..Stan

howdy stan . the car was at the lonestar show at the race track a few weeks ago. took first in it's class although i dont know how many cars were in it. it is a very nice car.
i don't get off the farm much these days. trying to finish a 56 210 and build a mile of fence. i've been so busy i've let things get away from me here. let me know if i can help. give me a call if you need to.

Howdy back Shine....

...and thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. I'm like you , am way behind on everything. Building fence and a finishing my RV shed. I added onto my shop last fall (just for the Corvette, a 20X40 double insulated appendage). Then got sick...gettin better slowly it seems...they never did figure what was wrong...but this hot spell has me huntin' cover, so I'm getting very little done on the car.

I've been struggling with color choices forever it seems. Guess it's going to be black...dang it! I tried to put together everything else you could imagine...just keeps winding up black. I finally bought a wise guy (Knoch) black leather interior to start ...so I could fit the steering column/me to the seats I'm using.

The main thing that has me jittery right now is attaching the Sermersheim's front end to the body. Never been down that road before...and its a bunch of money if I screw it up. I have a buddy that's a body man who is supposed to help me out...but that hasn't happened. Hope I don't get stuck there on my own... The alignment issues are what I'm concerned about.

Anyway..I imagine I'll finish a few other things and and then get back on it. Been gathering stuff for 4 years..built a rotisserie, enlarged the shop, bought Billy's chassis...so I'm crawling along...but making progress.

Need to get some body materials next. Considering SPI products...as per some of your post in the internet paint forums. Of course ...not knowing what color I'm going with has been a stumbing block up to now, for primer, etc.

:w....Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom