Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

572 Project update

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
Hello to all.

Two great things happened to me today, one was the first engine start for my 572, and the second was the arrival of the freshly painted 67 body, from the paint shop.

Sorry if I can find the words to descripe how great the Corvette look's, you will just have to use your imagination.

Here is the link for a short video of the engine start ( not for dial up )

[NOTE from 67HEAVEN. See Post #6 (below) for the same video at 1/5 the file size.] :beer

www.cafe.rapidus.net/rpelland/572start.AVI

Stepinwolf

Ok.. Finally go the kink to work...What a Monster...I have a Future project lined up that I want to do with a 572. Looks kike the BG TRi Power set up..Sweet...

To bad You have deliver it to your customer but I'm sure you'll have fun with the test drive before delivery..:D

wow, you were not kidding about the not for dial-up part. ;)

The engine sounds great. Are you going to have to do body work to make room for the exhausts coming out from the center like that?

Jason

Bob, that is one MEAN sounding Vette engine! :upthumbs

What is the size of your exhaust? Sounds quiet at the back end.

SAVE THE :w

Mark, It is the BG setup, but don't believe for a minute it's an easy bolt on conversion. I learned a few new cuss words, just setting it up. As for the factory ( " BARRY GRANT " ) after sale service , it's non existant.

Jason, The cut-out in the rear exhaust panel has already been made, and the exhaust gasses flow out through two 4" chromed pipes, in the same place as the late model Corvettes do.

It4man, I fabricated the complete exhaust system front to rear, using 3" mandrel bent pipes. I tig welded everything together, in sections ( every one is removable without damage ) and then covered the cockpit area with high temperature header tape to keep the heat in the cabin area to a minumum. The use of the larger 3" exhaust system, did however, force me to fabricate a new center cross member, which became a pain in the butt.

The exhaust noise was reduced by using the largest Magnaflow SS polished 28" mufflers, along with two sections of 36" chambered pipe.

I will try and post a few tidbit's every once and a while, as I get this thing back together

Drive safe
Stepinwolf

Robert,

I'm a big admirer of your design and engineering skills. The chassis looks great, and so does the 572. ;) I look forward to seeing the freshly-painted body back on the chassis.

I downloaded your 122Mb AVI engine-startup movie and converted it to a 21Mb MPEG file. That should dramatically reduce the download time for those having difficulty.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

:beer

The exhaust noise was reduced by using the largest Magnaflow SS polished 28" mufflers, along with two sections of 36" chambered pipe.

I thought I recognized the sound of the mufflers! There is just something about those Magnaflows that sounds just right. That company certainly knows how to build a muffler! :upthumbs

SAVE THE :w

Awesome!!

Love those 572s. I also think that Goodwood Green is the perfect color for a '67 coupe. Of course I'm a little biased even though I don't have mine any longer.

Tom

Hi Bob!

long time since I've seen any posts from you.
Hope all is well.

The car is looking great. I always liked the Goodwood Green color, my buddy had a '65 'vert in that color.
The 572 looks and sounds awesome. That car is going to have some serious power and the BG tri setup looks sexy.

Can't wait to see more progress pics - your project pics are always something to look forward too.

Barry

Robert,

I'm a big admirer of your design and engineering skills. The chassis looks great, and so does the 572. ;) I look forward to seeing the freshly-painted body back on the chassis.

I downloaded your 122Mb AVI engine-startup movie and converted it to a 21Mb MPEG file. That should dramatically reduce the download time for those having difficulty.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

:beer

Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you, and thank you for your kind words.

Would you please e-me at robert.pelland@cgocable.ca and include a copy of the reduced file. I will swap it out for the full size file at my ISP.

Will get more pics in when the time comes.

Drive safe
regards
Bob

Bob, looks and sounds terrific! Too bad the paint doesn't shine more. ;LOL
Exactly what I was thinking!! :rotfl

-Mac

Bob:

Good to see you are still shakin it up there in the Great White North. I remember that first start up with the body off on my car. Perfect thing to do. If there are any problems you can find them and repair them without having to fight the body.

Paint looks GREAT ! ! ! !

Is that the garage that my wife and I will be living over for the next four or eight years if the election here goes horribly wrong?

Rich:beer

I am glad to hear that you are busy and having fun Robert
Your work always impresses me. Unfortunately, I am unable to open the links from you or 67 Heaven
I have a new computer with Vista, so that may be the problem? I would love to hear it though
take care
Tom

I am glad to hear that you are busy and having fun Robert
Your work always impresses me. Unfortunately, I am unable to open the links from you or 67 Heaven
I have a new computer with Vista, so that may be the problem? I would love to hear it though
take care
Tom

Tom, Sorry to hear, you can't hear. I too, am running Vista on my new screeming machine, and have not had any problems what so ever. BTW, you can always come over to my place if you want to hear it. ;LOL

Rich, I will make room for you over the garage, for as long as you need to stay,,,

Bob

Bob,

Great to see the progress update. Looks and sounds super! :upthumbs

See you in Carlisle.

Rich

See You In Carlisle

Yeah...that'll be cool..we can all take turns wheelen that 572 Monster around in Rillo's Parking lot directly after Cocktail Hour....;LOL

Yeah...that'll be cool..we can all take turns wheelen that 572 Monster around in Rillo's Parking lot directly after Cocktail Hour....;LOL

Not sure Bob will have had enough to drink to feel comfortable letting anyone drive his car around but we could always use yours......... ;LOL

Rich

Not sure Bob will have had enough to drink to feel comfortable letting anyone drive his car around but we could always use yours......... ;LOL

Rich

Hey no problem... Gas will be at least $8.00 a gallon by then.. You fill my tank and you can Donut the 502 in Rillo's all you want.... That should be about 5 min till the "Barry Grant Carb" Double Pumper Toilet empties the Gas Tank..
;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom