Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SMOKINGJOE

Corvette
1967 B/B Coupe w/AC + 3:08
Hi all
My friend is getting a 58 see pic’s. I took different shots what do you think I checked it out somewhat and although it was redone it looks mostly org. Lets hear some views.

:beer:beer:beer

Opinions + or – have more pic’s Looks like its altogether and has the right stuff. Long time since I have had a C1.
I know it needs some TLC that’s for sure.
What do you think?

Looks reasonably honest from the photos, with some minor needs:

Front motormount bracket is a later service replacement (shouldn't have the relief notch at the center), and should be painted engine color.

Choke heat tube should be steel, not copper.

Ignition ballast resistor is from a Mopar.

Cast iron Powerglides can be problematical - not many people are familiar with their innards, and parts aren't easy to find.

Pretty car. :)

Thank you JohnZ your opinions are most welcome.
Yup it needs some TLC but overall I think that it is a nice 58. We still have to pick up the hard top. Change all fluids, hose, clamps and the while we are at it changes.

Keep them coming

107 views and so little opinions?????;help;help;help

Please keep the coming.

Looks like a nice car to me and with a little work could be very nice.

In addition to what John has pointed out:

Negatives:

The side coves should be white all the way to the wheel opening.

The speaker grill didn't get a bezel until late in 1959. It looks better with one but..........

Heads appear to have straight across valve cover bolts. Should have staggered bolt pattern until mid 1959. Are the block numbers correct?

The fuel line looks to have been abused over the years. A correct one would be straight with defined bends.

The custom oil fill cap looks out of place on an original looking engine.

Positives:

I like to see the original generator harness like this one. Too many of these have the newer service raplacement installed.

The gen has the original tag, even though in rough shape. I prefer less than perfect original details to perfect repops any day.

The overall look of the car is very correct and original while not appearing over restored. He can drive this car without worrying about getting his stencils dirty.

Panama Yellow is my favorite on '58s.

None of these things are really bad except for engine number if he plans on having it judged. If not this car is a dream driver. Everything mentioned can be corrected while he enjoys the car without taking it off the road for a long time.

Tom

Looks like a nice car to me and with a little work could be very nice.

In addition to what John has pointed out:

Negatives:

The side coves should be white all the way to the wheel opening.

The speaker grill didn't get a bezel until late in 1959. It looks better with one but..........

Heads appear to have straight across valve cover bolts. Should have staggered bolt pattern until mid 1959. Are the block numbers correct?

The fuel line looks to have been abused over the years. A correct one would be straight with defined bends.

The custom oil fill cap looks out of place on an original looking engine.

Positives:

I like to see the original generator harness like this one. Too many of these have the newer service raplacement installed.

The gen has the original tag, even though in rough shape. I prefer less than perfect original details to perfect repops any day.

The overall look of the car is very correct and original while not appearing over restored. He can drive this car without worrying about getting his stencils dirty.

Panama Yellow is my favorite on '58s.

None of these things are really bad except for engine number if he plans on having it judged. If not this car is a dream driver. Everything mentioned can be corrected while he enjoys the car without taking it off the road for a long time.

Tom

Thank You Tom your right I keep telling him with some TLC (mostly mine) you have a very nice 1958. He has a little cold feet his first vette :eyerole
He is coming around and I'm sure when he gets it in his garage next to his 57 Chevy he will be happy. I know I would be, because if he didn’t get it I would have.

What about the wheels should they be painted yellow or silver ?

I like to thank everyone so far I'm glade we are on the same page with this.

Beers for everyone :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

1958 wheels were silver.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom