Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

6-Shooter - Clay Bar - Oh My!

Jane Ann, I keep a misting bottle full of a water/Zaino mix in the garage and take it on the road. Squirt it on the front end when you stop and it will make the bugs much much easier to get off. Bug guts actually contain an acid that can eat into the clear paint coat, I have been told, and the moisture/soap prevents it until you can wash the car. The Zaino carwash won't hurt your wax job.

That sounds like a good idea! The bugs here in the deep South are murder on paint in the summertime! Thanks!

:w Jane Ann

I've been an avid fan of using clay bars, and I make it a yearly practice on both Corvettes. It provides a good base for any wax or polish to follow. I'm glad to see so many of you are making this a routine in your detailing!:D

I'm moving this to the "Care & Detailing" forum.

Elaine

Funny you mentioned Safe Cut. I have used it to clean up the soft plastic window on convertibles. Clears up the haze.

Glad to see that the word is out on a great tool for detailing your car. I've used many products throughout the years, from A to Z, and I've gotten back to the beginning of the alphabet with Adam's Polishes. If you were at Carlisle this past weekend you probably saw his booth, got some samples, and maybe even got your car detailed there. Check out his site, he's got instructional videos online that will fill you in on all aspects of detailing, including using the claybar...

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/

When my Vette was on display at the Chicago Vettefest in April, the Adam's booth was next to me. I used their detail spray on Sunday morning. What a product! Even cleaned the glass!

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom