Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

64 White Corvette Coupe on E-Bay (Fraud)

Terry 1962

Corvette
1962 White
I reported this fraud to E-Bay and they did absolutely nothing. I sold this car ten days ago as a non drivable car with major mechanical problems, guy said he was going to restore it. White car, black interior, originally 365hp with A/C. Two days later it appears on E-Bay as a driver with new tires (no), new radiator (no) and only a few cosmetic blemishes (whole paint job). I tried to contact seller, not answering my calls, so I contacted E-Bay and they said they saw nothing suspicious about the ad, so some poor guy is getting a car he thinks is drivable when in reality it needs a new clutch, rear end, u- joints etc. The seller was smart enough to make the bids private. They wouldn't contact the new buyer nor would they let me, privacy issue and all. This car was sold in Medina Ohio, if you know the new owner I would be happy to help solve this issue with E-Bay.
Terry

Hi Terry,

Too bad a nasty situation was the reason for your first post here. I hope it will prevent someone from making an uninformed purchase. Do you have the Ebay listing number?

Tom

I reported this fraud to E-Bay and they did absolutely nothing. I sold this car ten days ago as a non drivable car with major mechanical problems, guy said he was going to restore it. White car, black interior, originally 365hp with A/C. Two days later it appears on E-Bay as a driver with new tires (no), new radiator (no) and only a few cosmetic blemishes (whole paint job). I tried to contact seller, not answering my calls, so I contacted E-Bay and they said they saw nothing suspicious about the ad, so some poor guy is getting a car he thinks is drivable when in reality it needs a new clutch, rear end, u- joints etc. The seller was smart enough to make the bids private. They wouldn't contact the new buyer nor would they let me, privacy issue and all. This car was sold in Medina Ohio, if you know the new owner I would be happy to help solve this issue with E-Bay.
Terry

I didn't think it was possible to get AC with the 365 hp engine.:duh

Is this a case of seller's remorse? http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-...091-64-white-coupe-sold-on-e-bay-fraud-4.html

How is this an issue with ebay?:eyerole

I didn't think it was possible to get AC with the 365 hp engine.:duh

Is this a case of seller's remorse?

How is this an issue with ebay?:eyerole

In 64, they made 1988 air cars. Per Nold Adams book, RESTORATION AND TECHNICAL GUIDE VOL 2, they made 138 convertibles and 243 coupes with 365hp and air . Many people do not realize how "RARE" air conditioning was back in the day. Here is my chart to help you enjoy the hunt.

COMPLETE AIR CONDITION PRODUCTION 1963 THRU 1967 CORVETTES:

Courtesy Noland Adams: Complete Restoration & Technical Guide Vol0 2
Vol 2

1963 1964 1965 1966 1967
Conv. 250hp, manual trans ? 28 51
Conv. 250hp, auto trans ? 48 51
Conv.300hp, manual trans 52 228 262 300 247
Conv. 300hp, auto trans ? 138 210 364 335
Conv. 350hp, manual trans 165 372 336
Conv. 365hp, manual trans 138 133
Conv. 390hp, manual trans 298
Conv. 390hp, auto tran 342 138
Conv. 400hp, manual trans 199
Conv. 400hp, auto trans 16
Coupe. 250hp, manual trans ? 68 72
Coupe. 250hp,auto trans ? 121 83
Coupe. 300hp, manual trans 226 470 394 304 343
Coupe. 300hp, auto trans ? 463 438 714 486
Coupe. 350hp, manual trans 337 492 444
Coupe. 365hp, manual trans 243 227
Coupe. 390hp, manual trans 533 408
Coupe. 390hp, auto trans
Coupe. 400hp, manual trans
Coupe. 400hp, auto trans ?

TOTAL PRODUCTION 278 1988 2423 3520 3788

ALL 5 YEARS 11997 or 10.14% of the entire 117964 cars made from 1963- thru 67. These are very rare cars, and hence why good examples demand usually a $5000 plus adder. They say only 16 auto trans 400 hp cars in 1967 had air. They don't specify if they were coupe or convertibles. I have only seen coupes with 400 and air.

I had a 66 converible 350hp air car from 1972-75. Only 21000 miles when I bought it from the original owner. Great car, 4 speed wide ratio, 3:36 posi. But even in those days I had to turn the AIR OFF, going up the Grapevine Interstate 5 in mid summer. Never overheated, but the 240 degrees on the temp gauge scared me.

I love my solid lifter fuel injection Corvettes.

i tried my best to post the table, but after an hour of playing, you got the best i could do.

Learn sumptin ever day.:D

It's impossible to post proper tables on all the forums I've been on. ;shrug

Learn sumptin ever day.:D

It's impossible to post proper tables on all the forums I've been on. ;shrug
Why bother even posting here on the "Inaction Center"? :eyerole

Awh geeze, yah cought me.:eek:hnoes
Call it what you will. I just don't care for two-faced people, but hey, whatever makes your boat float.:thumb

The thing that always stricks me as an odd sort of ID, is everytime I look at a corvette listed on Ebay, it's the bidders and their names, like: h**l or J**h or t**g ,but never a real name, Like LHmoss or willy3 or Toms5 it never happens, which makes me think there's something shady about the buyers as well as the sellers?:bash

The thing that always stricks me as an odd sort of ID, is everytime I look at a corvette listed on Ebay, is the bidders and their names, like: h**l or J**h or t**g ,but never a real name, Like LHmoss or willy3 or Toms5 it never happens, which makes me think there's something shady about the buyers as well as the sellers?:bash

That's an eBay requirement - has been for about 18 months. If you click on each of those 4-character usernames during an auction, it will show you (among other things) how many times that user has bid on the seller's other auctions.

That's an eBay requirement - has been for about 18 months. If you click on each of those 4-character usernames during an auction, it will show you (among other things) how many times that user has bid on the seller's other auctions.

Thank you john, I had a hunch it was something like that as every single auction I look at has the same ID's. Thanks again !:)

Terry
Terry Face it
you sold your car too cheap! Go back to the corvette forum and see what they said . No wrong doing on the sellers part just wish I got to your car first

NJ court says it IS FRAUD

See my post under the General stuff but ... :)

NJ Supreme Court today ruled a 70 Vette vert sold on E-Bay as "good" ... was fraud.

Car was sold by Rich Conklin of Montville to a Missouri man Lyle Real.

Lyle was awarded $62,447 by the court.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom