Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 65 327 fuel injection

J

jesseharris2008

i have a 65 327 fuel injection block... i need to know if there worth anything or? plz let me knw thanks​

I would think it might be worth something, to someone restoring a 65 fuelie. Hopefully you can find someone who can use and needs it.

Welcome to the CAC.

Any original Corvette block has value, especially to the one that owns the car that matches the vin stamped on the deck. What are the numbers on the block?

Tom

Tom, this is from a message I got from him.

vi217hn thats the number stamped on the deck where the heads set?

I think you are asking about the casting numbers, right?

Tom, this is from a message I got from him.

vi217hn thats the number stamped on the deck where the heads set?

I think you are asking about the casting numbers, right?

its on the front left bank i thought it was the s/n

Casting numbers on the side of the block will also indicate the original usage, if I'm not mistaken

The casting number is located on the top of the bell housing flange, left side. The casting date is on the right side in the same area. There should also be a vehicle vin derivative stamped on the front pad with the engine number. This will be the number of the car it was originally installed in.

Tom

Thank you Tom for IDing the location of the casting numbers. Jesse, if you will get those numbers it will positively ID the block in question. The serial numbers should be stamped on the front passenger side block where the heads sit and bolt on (Maybe the numbers that you gave earlier). However if those are the only numbers stamped there, this might be a replacement block...thus the need to ID it through the casting numbers.

I'm interested in seeing the casting number and date. The HN suffix is 65 FI only but the V prefix didn't start until 67. A 65 number should start with F. I wonder if the HN is actually some other H combination that may have been miss read. Sometimes the stampings are weak or filled with paint and easily mistaken for another letter. Of course there is always the possibility of an error in setting up the stamping tool.

Jesse, can you get pictures of these numbers, as well as the casting numbers too? Might be an interesting bit of information here.

What's the block casting number and casting date? The "V" prefix on the pad stamping says it's 1967 or later, and the "HN" suffix was used in '68 and '69 for 327 and 350 4-barrel automatics in full-size passenger cars.

:beer

John, thank you for checking in here. Hopefully the OP will come back with the information, so we can tell for sure what he has.

John, thank you for checking in here. Hopefully the OP will come back with the information, so we can tell for sure what he has.

Should be something like 5110650 F0212HN which just came up for sale in Upstate NY. It is a raw block in storage for 30 years. From 65 Fuel injected Corvette vin #10630. Not known if Coupe or Convertible. The F0212HN= Flint, Feb 12, 1965 and HN= Transistor ignition, 327/375hp fuel injection Corvette. The engine has a A115 casting number for Jan. 11, 1965. It was NOT in the 65 fuel injection SURVEY. Owner wants to sell for $800.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom