Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

65-82 Big Block Headers 4 sale, Ceramic Coated

70 VETTE 454

I have a brand new NEVER BEEN USED set of Hedman Headers (still in the box and wrapped) which I bought for my 70, but will fit BB 1965-82 396-502 Corvette's........

I sent them to JET HOT to get ceramic coated inside and out and polished. originally black, but now they are a shiny Ceramic Chrome color, which will really set off the engine nicely......

Reason im selling them is cause, now I decided to go with side pipes, and I no longer need the straight back output.
paid $450 total for them, but asking $400, just to get rid of them.

Specifications:
* Primary tube size: 2 in.
* Collector size: 3 in.
* Finish: Black
* Not for use with smog injection or injection heads.
* Will not fit vehicles with standard column shift transmission.
* Includes Gaskets and Flanges.

Dave :Steer

I may be interested, which part #? Hedman has a few listed.

Thanks
Jim

P.S. I'll be in Orlando next week on business. Might even be able to pick the up.

Hey Jim,
the part number is: 68090

almost all online engine shops (jegs, summit, etc.) have them, but most have a prefix in front of the actual part number, and that varies from company to company. Jegs prefix is (500-) , Summits is (HED-)..... just 2 that I checked on to help you out.

I have had them for over 2 1/2 years, but never made enough progress on my car to put them on, now that I have I want side pipes.... go figure.;shrug but I paid about 165 for them and then I had them shipped to JET HOT to have them coated and polished, which I paid about 285 for, which is roughly about the average for that sort of work, but I went to JET HOT because of their reputation in the business and I know they make a reliable coating and is one of the best.

if your seriously considering them, hell, ill meet you half way somewhere.... not a problem. :cool

Dave

Dave
Just checked a map - didn't realize Orange Park was so far from Orlando. Probably won't have time to get up that way. I'll be at a Hotel near Sea World. Any idea on shipping costs?

Jim

Jim

I should of said Jacksonville, cause O.P. is like a subdivision of Jacksonville but its still a good 3 hr drive.....

I checked on shipping costs for you and its really not that bad, if you can wait like 4 or so days for them, cause after that its just too ridicules in my opinion.

for the most part is under $20 for ground delivery.

if you want them faster......
see the attached listing for prices from USPS and UPS.
let me know what you think, or if this will work for you.

Dave

p.s. Ill email you a better copy

Jim,
it will not let me send an acrobat file, which is what i wanted to email you for the rates, so i had to convert it to text format and it looks ****ty....i perfer the acrobat version.

email me at vette7072@yahoo.com and ill send it.....
dave

:v

Dave
I'm in no rush - still working on the rear suspension. I'm in the middle of a body off rebuild of a 70 454/390 vert. Still a couple of years away from being done. So far the frame is done as well as the front suspension. Rear trailing arms are done & I'm working on the differential, 1/2 shafts, brackets, etc.

Email me the costs for shipping to a commercial address:

Garden City, NY 11762

jclifford@aaany.com

Jim

well i just emailed you and it should be there by the time you get this on here.....

you sound like your at about the same place im at on my 70, maybe we'll finish about the same time.
only im still sanding my frame and about to pulloff the front and rear suspension and engine so i could flip the frame to sand underneath, all the olther lines, shafts and brackets are all off and i just got the front portion left to sand off, where the engine is.
im coating the frame with POR-15. and i just got all my urathane bushings in last week, so im ready to replace all the old ones with urathane, and put all the parts back on. im shooting for the end of next month to be totally done with the frame, then its the body, im redoing all the wireing with all new painless wires, so that will take up allot of my time there...then the fiberglass work, fun...fun...fun...
but im sure in the end it will all be worth it.
dave

I'll race ya to the finish :L Actually I haven't had time to work on the car in about a month. Had to finish up some work on the house. I used POR-15 on the frame as well. Make sure you wear some latex gloves or something similar. That stuff will not come off you skin very easily. Found V&PM Naptha will remove it while still wet. Its similar to their solvent.
When you close up the can use some saran wrap under the lid as they suggest & put the can in a zip lock bag. It helps to keep the paint from hardening.

Jim

what about a race after were done too....to celebrate. :beer
well your allot further than me, but I plan on having my frame and everything back on by the end of next month (I HOPE), but they are just plans, I still need to do the engine too before my frame is totally done.
thanks for the tip on the POR-15. how much exactly did you use?? im ordering a gal. each of POR-15 and chassis coat and a sterling silver to set off the shafts and differential and transmission.
what did you put it on with, a brush or spray. how is the look afterwards.

Dave

THAT"S WATY TO MUCH!!! Stuff is expensive!!! I used 1 qt POR-15 to do two coats on the frame & most of the suspension, brackets & cross members. Still working on the first qt of Chassis coat. Buy the pint cans of POR-15, its easier to close up & yields less waste.

Follow their instructions, but pour less than you think, especially when using it the first time. It really goes a long way. I used a regular brush for the POR-15 & foam brush for the chassis coat. Bought a supply of 100 + each from Grizzly.com for about $20.

hey Jim
so that's wayyyyyy too much.
you serious....I just don't want to run out half way into it.
I was fixing to spend like $600 for all of that paint, but if I don't need to, I know I could use half that money for other things.
well I went back to get the same stuff, but in qt. sizes and I added a few cleaners and stuff too and now it will only be about $270. which sounds more my range, but I want to do it right the first time. so that's what I was going to get......
you did all that and still have some left. well I am getting 2 qt of por-15 and 1 qt chassis coat for the frame and other parts like the control arms and shafts and differentials. so one qt should be enough for all that.
cause I painted my house and a qt of house paint doesn't last that long, or go as far as you want it to. so that's why I was getting the GL of all that paint.
let me know, I value hands on and previous knowledge.

Dave

p.s. im going to do a post to see what amout other people have used, but based on your experience, im going with you and get the QT size......

I bought 2 qts of POR-15 & 1 qt of Chassis coat & still have material left. Sor far I did the frame, cross members, front suspension, frame brackets, trailing arms, a bunch of bolts and some small parts. It really goes a long way.

If I were to do it again I would buy 2 pint cans & then a few 1/2 pint cans of the POR-15. Tend to waste some by not knowing how much to pour out. 1/2 pint would probably be enough to do one coat on the top of the frame.

Jim

JIM
THANKS FOR THE TIP.
im ordering the QT sizes (2) just to have enough for what im doing. then one of each top coat that i will need.

what did you use to pour it in to, to use as you applied it.
and when your done what do you do with the unused portion.
can you pour it back in the can or not.

dave

I bought some small plastic containers at a marine supply store, usually used to mix fiberglas resin. Once its poured out for use POR-15 says to seal the can immediately & not to return the unused material to the can. Make sure the lip of the can is clean & use some saran wrap otherwise you won't be able to get the top off again.

Jim

SOLD!!!!

Hey sorry guys, but the BB headders have been sold to 70BBvert, but if you really still want them that bad, you can try to buy them off him.....
thanks for the views and hope to have some original parts for sale for anyone interested here soon, as then come off my 70 restoration.
im pretty much replacing everything with up to date aftetmarket producks, but i promise you it will still be so sweet to look at when im done....... pics to follow.
dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom