Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

65 coupe w/backup lights

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
A friend of mine just bought a completely restored, matching# 65 coupe. Got it for a great price too. When he showed me the pictures, I noted the backup lights and exclaimed " what a great looking 66 vette". He corrected me, stating it was a 65. I felt dumb since I've got a 65 convertible w/o backup lights. Did the 65 coupe come equipped with this accessory?

Yes, in '65 you could order "APO Z01" - Back-Up Lamps and Day/Night Mirror. It was a $16.15 option.
See this for all available options at the time:
http://100megsfree4.com/corvette/1960/vet65.htm

My '65 coupe does not have this option on it but my friends '65 convertible does.

brumbach said:
A friend of mine just bought a completely restored, matching# 65 coupe. Got it for a great price too. When he showed me the pictures, I noted the backup lights and exclaimed " what a great looking 66 vette". He corrected me, stating it was a 65. I felt dumb since I've got a 65 convertible w/o backup lights. Did the 65 coupe come equipped with this accessory?
Backup lights were a factory option in 1965, became standard equipment in 1966.

Yep, my 65 coupe has that option - backup lights and day night mirror!!

66 without b/u lights

I was aware that b/u lights were an option in 65. Did they make any 66's with out them? I have a 66 convertable with out them.

I am pretty sure they were standard in 66. I have them but, I am sure others with more knowledge will chime in about the 66.

Steve

My '65 convertible had back up lights. The option was available on either coupe or convertible.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom