Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

67 427-435 tripower on e-bay question

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
Thirty-six years ago, I removed the vacuum pieces, and ran progressive throttle linkage under the theory that my toe was smarter than vacuum could ever be. ;LOL

Now, I'm not so sure.

With age comes wisdom ;)
Dial up:puke is this the same car that caused all the rucus the last time it was on Ebay?
I'm too impatient to wait till the pictures load, but how many cars like that are out there? 50, 100 or more ;LOL

jims427400 said:
There is a black w/red stinger currently up for bid on e-bay, this photo shows the secondary carbs vacuum lines blocked and no choke set up.Can anyone explain why they'd block vacuum lines??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-427-TRI-1967-CORVETTE-427-435-HP-TRI-POWER-COUPE-TUXEDO-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQitemZ4599453434QQrdZ1

let me know if that worked (still learning) Jim
i can not see the back very good but if you only have one carb connected up to the center carb the end carbs will open slower. the center carb veturi vacuum starts the end carbs to open but the end carbs as they open supply their own venturi vacuum to open all the way. this makes the car less violent when you jump on the gas.

Is a "brand new" '67 L-71 worth over $100K? That's what it's going for right now...

67HEAVEN said:
More than that.......way more......for the right car.

I agree, I'm just wondering why the reserve was met at $100,000! Seems a little low to me

bossvette said:
is this the same car that caused all the rucus the last time it was on Ebay?
Nope, this one is out of Canada. Hard to say from a picture but she sure looks nice.

-Mac

Mac said:
Nope, this one is out of Canada. Hard to say from a picture but she sure looks nice.
Yeah, WAY clean... like "eat a filet mignon off the block" clean.

Beautiful, looks real and the restoration seems to have been done to the highest standards, wonder where it will end up in price?
Charlief
66 Coupe

Beautiful car!
looks like an almost exact twin to the car my neighbor just sold. He also had a '67 black L71 except his had the rally wheels instead of the KO's and a previous owner had chromed the wiper grills so my neighbor left them like that as he liked it - it constrasted well against the black paint.
His black paint was about 12-15yo but looked so perfect that everytime I saw the car I'd swear it just rolled out of the paintbooth and it still looked wet.
wish I had the big $$$ to have bought it when he sold it over the summer.

Wow...I am usually not a coupe guy but that car just made me one. The coupe has so many interesting shapes and lines and the black paint really helps them come out. Oh...and I guess it doesn't hurt that the car basically looks PERFECT.

Andy
when I was looking for a car i was open to either a coupe or a 'vert and ended up with a coupe. I'm very glad I did.
While I love the 'verts also, especially the looks of a 'vert with the hardtop on, i decided while I was looking that the lines on the coupe are just unbeatable. To ME, the lines of a coupe are what Midyears are all about.
Not to say I wouldn't love to have a 'vert in the garage sitting next to my coupe also - best of both worlds! :)

Hey Barry,

I can't argue with that at all, even though I'm a convertible owner. The convertible is a beautiful car but the coupe brings so much additional interest and complexity to the design that it's at another level entirely.

In responce to all the threads,I too think this car looks great for $100K,I'm also partial to coupes,but I'm still confused how the 2 secondery carbs are going to function w/ no vacuum.
I finally got my tripowers back from Craig and am curious why the beautiful restored 67 did'nt take the time to set up choke and vacuum lines.

The car is definitely stunning, but its A.I.R. system is missing - another opportunity for Bill Hodel :) .

i bought a 68 L71 new... the vacuum pull in of the end carbs was never predictable, and would even stick shut if not used for just a few days...mechanical conversion solved problem....so many guys put mechanical on that IT should be comsidered 'correct',not vac

speedmaster4 said:
i bought a 68 L71 new... the vacuum pull in of the end carbs was never predictable, and would even stick shut if not used for just a few days...mechanical conversion solved problem....so many guys put mechanical on that IT should be comsidered 'correct',not vac

See.......I'm not so stupid. ;)

Car requires overspray on the intake too, John. :gap

67HEAVEN said:
Car requires overspray on the intake too, John. :gap

I don't deduct for that - the paint process had too much variation to call any one appearance "correct" (and the JG reflects that, only saying that "some light overspray MAY appear at the front and rear....").

:beer

JohnZ said:
I don't deduct for that - the paint process had too much variation to call any one appearance "correct" (and the JG reflects that, only saying that "some light overspray MAY appear at the front and rear....").
I wondered about that too since I've heard of a few cars that received deductions in judging because it was cleaner than when it left the factory. Craaaaazy! :crazy