Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'67 L71 warm start problem

zr1vp

Corvette
2007 Z06
I have a '67 L71 427/435 that starts great when it's cold and turns over maybe 5 seconds before starting when it's warm. I've had all 3 carbs rebuilt and adjusted and need to know if anyone else is having this experience. I've tried cracking the throttle and not cracking the throttle and nothing seems to help.

I had a similar problem last year was heat soak on the starter motor, ordered a heat shield from a mid 70's Bigblock truck from the local GM dealer and it solved the problem, might be worth a try.

Tom M

Next time you shut it off, let it sit for about five or ten minutes, then pop the hood and remove the air cleaner lid; if you see fuel oozing out of the boosters and the butterflies are wet, it's heat-soaking and boiling the fuel in the float bowl, flooding it. Check the float level at the sight hole and try reducing it.

If you don't see any fuel, pull the linkage and see if you get a shot from the accelerator pump shooters; if not, either the float bowl is boiled dry or there's an internal leak.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom