Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68 327 value (for sale) ?

entropy454

Corvette
1969 Fathom Green 427 4 speed coupe
I have a 1968 327 vette engine that was rebuilt when I put in my 71 nova years ago. I never put more than 1000 miles on the engine as it has sat in my garage until now. Ive decided to sell my nova parts or whole.
This made me wonder if there was any value for the corvette engine to corvette enthusists.
It currently has a 202 double hump set of heads on it. Which were reworked to make sure you could use unleaded gas. It has a aluminum intake and brand new edelbrock carburator.(less than 50 miles).
The engine runs wonderfully, its just that Im selling off the car to get my dream corvette.

I was wondering if anyone had a feeling whether there was any value on the engine to corvette collectors?
thanks

Post the stampings from the pad on the block at the front of the right head. There may be a '68 driver looking for your engine.

:)

Will do . I am planning to look into that tonight.

I checked for some numbers on the block. Hard to read so if anyone can make sure these numbers make at least sense and correct total of numbers.

On the back of the block near drivers side is what I read as
GM 3914678

On the passenger front part of the engine near the heads is the numbers that appeared to be 180210095.

Anyone able to decode these?

thanks

A question came to my mind on this engine. If I want to make sure the heads on this engine match, I remove the valve covers and look for the number stamped on the top of the head and compare it to numbers on this web site.

If it turns out the heads are matching, what were the possible factory size heads for a 68 327 engine? I was told the heads were 202 duoble hump heads when I purchased it long ago. Its definatetly double hump. I was also told, if i remember correctly, that the valves were redone so that you could use non leaded fuel.

Im trying to confirm anything I can about the engine and heads before I attempt to sell.

thanks for any information

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom