Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 68 Door Panels - Looking for Replacement Sources

68BigBlock

Corvette
1968 Corvette Coupe- 427/390
I'm looking to replace the interior door panels on my '68 big block -- ones I have on there now are original McCoys, however and unfortunately, they are starting to get very brittle after 43-years.

Where's the best source for replacement deluxe door panels? I'm looking for a quality product.

Are there any differences in what is offered by the various vendors, or like many other items that require fixtures/ tooling to make, do these all come from 1-2 major suppliers??

Appreciate the guidance and recommendations in advance.

I got a set from Willcox for my 75 and they fit pretty good and look like the OEMs. they are Corvette America pieces but Willcox gives forum discounts

Don't know about '68 door panels, but I have AL Knoch door panels on my '72 Coupe. They are close, but some of the detail is pretty soft. If you put them beside an original, it's pretty obvious.

If you want Al Knoch at rock bottom prices, the only way to go is to buy direct from Al Knoch at one of the major Corvette shows and pay cash. Dale Robertson is the AK guy to talk to.

Mid America as well

AFAIK, there's only two players in this game- Al Knoch and Corvette America. Everybody else just re-sells one or possibly both these products. Neither is a 'perfect' reproduction.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom