Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68 heater core replacement

:cry I feel terrible that your in-laws were taken advantage of and stuck with such a lemon!

We have laws against that here in Texas. Please go back and tell them about the hard work you've done to make things right and that you've convinced us of their horrible plight. In order to make things right I'd be happy to take their car back and refund 100% of the 1968 sticker price. It's the least that can be done.

:)
What about the warranty?:W

:cry I feel terrible that your in-laws were taken advantage of and stuck with such a lemon!

We have laws against that here in Texas. Please go back and tell them about the hard work you've done to make things right and that you've convinced us of their horrible plight. In order to make things right I'd be happy to take their car back and refund 100% of the 1968 sticker price. It's the least that can be done.

:)
$25,000 refund:L

Beep beep, beep beep, it's horn went beep beep beep!

On a related note - the 'worst Corvette' SURELY wasn't built in St. Louis!!!!!
Just my opinoin (although a popular one this time)
Craig

"Hey little Cobra getting ready to strike...when the flag went down you could hear rubber burn, the stingray had me going into the turn"

I'm surprised you did so much research on a car you think is junk... :eyerole

I wouldn't call it 'junk'. Yes, it had its share of problems as most have stated. However, as whiplash stated, there were assembly line issues. From what I've been told, a lot of the line tooling hadn't been developed yet, so a lot of the 68 was hand built. This is why a lot of refab parts don't exactly match the holes (if needed) in the body. All problems aside, I love my 68 vert and gets all sort of looks and compliments on the car. EVERYONE wants a ride in it... young and old!!! I would think twice before restoring another 68 due to the extra cost and issues of finding parts.

Don't forget the 68 Corvette was the worst Corvette ever built. Everything was fallin apart during their testing. Besides remember first year cars are usually lemons. 68 was the first car of the C-3.

If memory serves me correctly my 63 FI coupe was one of those first year Vettes too just as is my 68 a first year Vette. Seems first year Vettes are junk only if you dont have one. ;LOL
What about the 68 clones that followed for 14 more years. :boogie

If memory serves me correctly my 63 FI coupe was one of those first year Vettes too just as is my 68 a first year Vette. Seems first year Vettes are junk only if you dont have one. ;LOL
What about the 68 clones that followed for 14 more years. :boogie
:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom