Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68's on the road!!!

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Hi all;
Well, yesterday I finally got the 68 fired up and moving under its own power! Among many things I had to put a new gas tank and sending unit in it as well as new front calipers... and of course the complete tuneup filter changes etc etc. Took it for a spin around the block and DAMN!!!!!!! It purrs like a kitten! I'm so excited!! I think mechanically the car is quite sound so that means the next step is cosmetics! For those of you that don't know I purchased this car a few years back from a guy who had it since 72. Thankfully, the bumpers were off being chromed... but he hit a deer and the front fiberglass is cracked on it. Here is a picture of the poor thing as it looked when I bought it.......... but just wait!! I have grand plans in store for this car and its gonna look HOT when I'm done. Let the metamorphosis begin!!!!

:) Very happy for you. Sounds like you will have one fine looking 68 when you are done with it. Send pictures as it comes along.

Looks like a good project to me. Congrats on getting it drivable. I'd really like to know what that is like someday. :L

Tom

you gotta love those '68's :beer

Tom Bryant said:
Congrats on getting it drivable. I'd really like to know what that is like someday. :L

Tom

;LOL some day Tom ;LOL Looks like what I have in mind for a future project a Steel bumper Vert with a hard top :upthumbs
A 383 with a TKO you already have the L88 hood.
Should be a great ride when you are done.
Good Luck
Craig sr.

Bodywork done!!!

Ok, so I just got the car back and all the major bodywork is now completed! Isn't she perdy!!!!!! The primer is an odd color I know but there is a method to the madness. Gonna take her through inspection tomorrow to get her on the road officially, then begin on other aesthetic components. :)

I think if the primer had just a pinch more red in it, it would be a nice color. But, then of course I really liked the magnetic red color when it was available with black interior.

Have a good one chevyaddict, long time no hear? Hows school work coming? I suppose then you will change your handle to Dr. chevyaddict ;) :L

...he hit a deer...

:)
Animal life of varying types appears to be hard on '68s. I was told a previous owner had hit a black Angus calf with my car. The story is probably true, because I spent a long time repairing the "repairs" someone had done to the car.
:eyerole

I got mine home yesterday (68 vert) and will be putting it on the lift for the first time today to see if I can do a quick fix on the brakes so I can drive it till fall.
Does yours have the short hood that still has the wiper doors or is it the long style that eliminates the wiper door? I do want one of those L88 hoods.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom