Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 69 body louvers

J Koehler

Corvette
1969 Conv & 2001 Conv both are yellow cars
My question is on the louvers of a 69 vett. I am looking for someone that has a 69 that has not been repainted. The question is in regard to the nonfuncional louver closest to the doors. What is the color inside the louver? When you look inside you see a some solid looking structure. Is it the same as the body color or is it a semi-gloss black.

Thanks for the help

Joe

This is just a guess but I'd bet on a semi-gloss black paint. Be sure to use an adhesion promoter like Duplicolor to get it to stick to the chrome.

I have a 68 vert with original paint, cars in storage right now but I found a picture of my louvers and its painted flat black on the back surface. that louver is not functional "not open to engine compartment"
Jim

The first three openings on each side are functional. The last on each side are closed off and not functional due to bonding areas behind them. The inner surface on the non-fuctionals was painted semi-gloss black to give the appearance of them being open like the other three.

'69 shown; '68 similar.
69042.jpg

Left is blacked out; other three are functional.

:)

Hmmm.

I'm going with Satin Black. That's my story and I'm sticking with it so don't try to confuse me with facts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom