Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'69 Frame on resto progess....

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
or should I say, lack of:L. Things have been moving along, however slowly. Yesterday I (finally) finished cleaning up and painting the frame. That is a job I don't want to do again. The gas tank is out and awaiting replacement with a new one. New body mounts and brake lines have been put in. The fuel lines have to be installed and that will be much tougher because of the routing thru the frame and up/over the rear section of frame rail. With a frame-on resto, it will require a lot of swear words and a lot of luck (more the former) to get them on. After that I can install the rear suspension including the trailing arms which have been outfitted with new bushings. Two years ago I replaced the half shafts with 3" ones along with Moog U-joints so they just have to be given a new coat of paint and reinstalled. I plan on freshing up the top end of the motor with Aluminum heads and a roller cam. I figure that alone will be good for another 30-50 hp. That is a project for over the winter. :w

Excellent.. :thumb

I always admire people that have the guts to rip their cars guts out. :thumb :thumb

Keep us informed who things are going, always interesting to see (from afar).

:w
-Stefan

Lookin' good... I've also been restoring doing a frame-on resto; not quite as extensive as yours. Last week I purchased a replacement rear exhaust panel -- did you replace yours too?

Lookin' good... I've also been restoring doing a frame-on resto; not quite as extensive as yours. Last week I purchased a replacement rear exhaust panel -- did you replace yours too?

No-all the glass from the firewall back is good - thank God:L

Another year passed, car still isn't done and :thumb more money spent ;LOL. With a bit of luck, I may even get to try and start it in the next week or so. New front body panels will have to wait till next year. Transferring hardware to the new inner fenders took a lot of time - and I still have to do the front dust shields.Starting to look like a motor.jpgP7200368.JPGPA030141.jpg2. transferring hardware to new inner fenders.jpg

Progress is better than no progress. Looks great!

IMG_4284.jpgGasoline alley.jpgOnly a few things left to do before I can test fire it up and take a quick spin around the block to make sure all is OK before the snow will lock it in for the winter. I have the carb apart and intend to do some jet/primary/secondary rod mods. I have to put the radiator in and connect the auto trans lines that I put in yesterday. In conjunction with that, I have a trans cooler to put in. Connect the new ground straps that go on the exhaust clamps, add tranny fluid and I think that is it. I have to buy one of those oil pump primers and get a good 1/2" drill to spin it. Getting it started and a quick test drive will be a big load off my mind that all is OK.:thumb Of course, it's gunna look crazy driving it on the street with no front end on:L.

Lots of progress in the last 2 years

Gelcoat was applied (6 coats) just before it got too cool. Next year will be the color and clear:w

Attachments

• IMG_6062.jpg
    IMG_6062.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6270.jpg
    IMG_6270.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 119
  • P6020210.jpg
    P6020210.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 104
  • P7150277.jpg
    P7150277.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 108
  • P9290059.jpg
    P9290059.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7882a.jpg
    IMG_7882a.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 115

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom