Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'69 vs '70

The car has the following options:

Tilt-Telescopic wheel
Power windows
Transistorized ignition
side louver trim
4-speed trans
350 / 350hp
saddle vinyl interior
headrests, shoulder belts

all numbers matching with one repaint.

Sounds real nice.

'69

February 2006, Palm Springs Auction.

1969 350/350 4spd, Red on Red T-top. AC, PS, PB, PW, Tilt / tele, recent medium grade repspray, body panel match good. Interior lots of different colors of red, bad windshield, bad carpet, tired tires, engine compartment a leaking mess, AC was non functional clutch made horrible noise when engaged or disengaged, no apparent smoke from the pipes (maybe all the oil had leaked out) missing ignition housing, chrome was pitted.

Paint job effectively was lipstick on a pig...

SOLD $18,250. Car was your general pile of crap with decent paint

Makes that $22 look okay. You may want AC though, those cars get mighty hot inside on a warm day.

I went back to Connecticut yesterday and put a sizeable deposit on the black '69 Corvette. I will be going back this Saturday to pick it up; I can't wait.

67HEAVEN said:
Okay, that's definitely a first around here. ;LOL
What that vetts have feelings? I can't believe you haven't wandered out to the garage at night and spoke to your car in a soft loving voice.When your out on the highway is it you or is it really the car that desires speed.

69 hands down for me. I just like the fender gills and rounded tailpipes Vs. the squared off ones and eggcrates on the fenders of the 70. Now for investment purposes I agree that I think it's pretty much a toss up, so go with your preference.

I like both years very much. However I lean toward the 1970 model, for several reasons. First you have those beautiful cast metal front grills versus black plastic on 1969. Also you get heavy cast metal side marker light housings instead of plastic like '69. I like the fact that the side louvers are a nice heavy cast metal piece and quite attractive at that, however the '69 option of side gill trim is very desireable and makes the car.

By the way, the L46 is not a base motor, many of you intimated that in your postings.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom