Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

700R4, 3.73 gears, 400HP Engine = 0-60 4.2 seconds

H

HighlyFanatic

Im not sure if any of you have used car-test before. Anyways, I ran some numbers through....

using the 3.73 gears, 700R4 tranny, and the 400HP Streemaster (350 Stroker) engine offered by Speed-O-Motive.....

the 0-60 works out to 4.23 seconds
the 1/4 mile works out to 12.6 seconds @ i forgot what mph. im at school right now.
YIKES!! *drooling*

for those of you that have it, here were the modifications I used.... (3282 lbs test weight, coefficient of drag 0.35, everything else is stock, except final drive gear of 3.73, and the 700R4 tranny numbers)

http://www.speedomotive.com/400 H.P. STREET MASTER ENGINE CHEVY 350 STROKER.htm

Fanatic,

What body style are you running, C3, C4, C5?

I've got the motor listed on the right in a C3 and did a 2.54 at the 60ft mark, the C5 I was racing did a 2.45.
Another C5 I raced did the 60ft in 2.17

I've got 3:55's with an M21 4 spd., I don't know what tranny's the C5's had, I believe both were automatic's though.

I only bring these numbers up because it seems to me that your numbers should be lower.

Rick

I am pretty sure with some practice and some sticky tires you could do a tad better on the E.T.

Sounds cool though!!

Frank

Ralley,

I think he means 0-60 mph, not feet. :)

The times seem about right. That would put the C3 at about the same tq/weight ratio of a Z06.

Cool site too!!

Russ

Thanks for staightening me out on that Russ,

I did my first drag race at BG this Labor Day and when I saw the 1/4 mile times and referance to 60 anything I figured 60 ft times.

Rick

HighlyFanatic said:
...the 0-60 works out to 4.23 seconds
the 1/4 mile works out to 12.6 seconds @ i forgot what mph...

I think 12.6 sounds about right. I'd expect your trap speed to be around 110mph (@ 12.6s). The 4.23 0-60mph though I doubt. That's assuming perfect traction. You're not likely to get that in a C3 without tubbing the rear and throwing on some MT's.

As I've stated in other threads, I've pulled a 13.44 @ 106.14mph with my 355hp and TH350 trans. Shaving almost an entire second off is a pretty good jump requiring gearing, power, or both! Assuming that you have a true 3.73 rear, and THEN add the 700R4, with 400hp, that sounds reasonable. I wouldn't expect much more though. And getting sub-12's ain't gonna happen with that setup.

RalleyRed said:
Fanatic,

What body style are you running, C3, C4, C5?

I only bring these numbers up because it seems to me that your numbers should be lower.

Rick

C3 body style.

Lower? Lower is better :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom