Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

700r4 Transmission, Yay, or Nay

F

fasterthanu

I have a 1976 Stingray, L-48. April, I am going to install a 430hp 383stroker. I currently have a Turbo 350 trans, I believe in there, with a 3200 RPM stall speed, and a .308 rear end, taching 3100 at 70. Anyone have this trans in a 400hp+ vette? Is it worth the upgrade? Difference in gas mileage?

Nay if it's the pre 87 700R4. Those things are weak!

Marck

WHOA BABY

With that mill a turbo 400 would need to be BUILT!
A 700R4 COULD handle it but you would have to get that built as well more $$$$$ than a 700r4 but you would get O/D. however getting good gas milage is not a concern here!

I'm assuming a stick is out of the question?

NICE MILL

Mike

No this is going to be hooked up to a modded ZF-6 speed. I live in the Netherlands and there are NO competent shops here so I do everything myself. If I blow up the ZF I'll get another one or a ROD6. I could always start cryo trating internals.

The ZF will probably receive external oil cooling (w/ pump & cooler) however I still need to fab that stuff.

I'm actually more worried about the clutch. Luckily turbo's need some rps to spool up and since it will be a road racer full throttle clutch dumps on't be very common (if any at all) I just want to go fast on the German highways :D

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom