Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

71 Coupe (see avatar) priced for quick sale

L

lnirenberg

I have driven and hence fallen in love with a 1990 red ZR1 with 6000 miles. I, being otherwise of semi-sane mind, do not want to spend my nights on the couch as we need a parking lot attendant as it is to get out in the mornings. Enough about me--

I paid $17,900 for this car last August. Since that time I have put $18,000 into the car, including:

5 spd Keisler/Tremac transmission--car does 2100 rpms @ 75 mph and gets about 20 mpg on highway and the lower 1st gear makes it jump off the line

New stereo with a modified bezel--Clarion 1 CD headunit, 4 infinity 4X6 speakers, Clarion powered subwoofer (Only 2" thick), 300 watt infiniti amp. 75+mph w/ttops off stereo blasts. Also has a Viper alarm with a killer motion detector and ignition cutoff.

Those are the icing here's the cake--
-New rear bearings
-New yokes
-Rebuilt ebrake
-4 new SS calipers
-New clutch plate
-New throw out bearing
-New edelbrock dual plane aluminum intake
-new edelbrock 600 cfm electric choke carb
-Comp cam 1.6 roller rockers
-New lifters
-New rag joint for steering system
-New radiator overflow tank (original was dented and stained)
-Oil just changed and have used K&N filters since I got it. New belts, plug wires and plugs right before Carlisle.
-AC system recently serviced w/new dryer, high/low pressure cutoff valve and replaced a suspect hose from the compressor to the condensor
-Seats rebuilt with new vinyl seat covers
-New door panels
-16X8 American Racing Torque Thrust IIs
-Yokahama Avis V 235/60-16 tires
-New chrome luggage racks w/ SS ttop brackets for mounting ttops on rack
-New wiper motor and vaccum valve/motor (?) for wiper door

A lot of attention was paid over last winter to tranie tunnel insulation as it was all apart for the Tremac install. It is insulated both inside the car and on the outside as well. I can not tell a lie in that on really hot days it still gets a bit toasty (hence the need for AC) but it is much better than when I got it.

Work done by prior owner:
-MSD electronic points (in theory never need changing or adjusting)
-Engine rebuilt approxiamtely 12,000 miles ago
-New Carpets
-AC Delco gas shocks
-Rear composite 330# spring from VBP
-VBP rear Smart Struts
-Hot Rod aftermarket AC
-New exhaust system w/ Flowmaster mufflers (excellent condition)

The car has a numbers matching motor and I have the original iron intake. This a no rust frame with an 8 out of 10 paint job in original color by prior owner. I have driven the car aboiut 8000 miles since I got it so 8 is about as high as it can go. There are 2 nearly unnoticable chips near lights and 1 on the hood about the same, a blemish on the passenger ttop, small chips on the inside edge of ttops from me taking them off and putting them on the rack every sunny day, amd a small chip on the top edge around the top of the gas lid. None of these are terribly noticable just trying to have full disclosure. The rear plexiglass window has a scratch in the middle. The clock does not work because for some reason I like it that way, all other gauges work and car runs cool. I got the car from an owner in Florida, so he had manual dual electric fans installed for Florida summers. I have only turned them on to make sure they work (they do). The aftermarket air works well but there is a problem with a vacuum valve that operates the door in the inside unit (air handler). It will go from AC to heat or defrost but not back. That has not been a problem as I never use the heat but may need attention if you do. All the vacuum operated gizmos work ie headlights and I had the wiper door pneumatic motor replaced. I have tried to leave nothing off in my description, this is a beautiful car.

I have about $36,000 invested and enjoyed every minute of it. For a quick sale so that I can end up with the ZR1, I will take $20,000 firm. PM me and I can email pictures and copies of this past winters receipts. I forgot to add it has power brakes and power steering and that all the fiber optics work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom