Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

71' intake manifold

walkman

Corvette
1971 Stingray Bridgehampton Blue
Anybody know up to what year(s) bow tie aluminum intake manifold will work on a 71'/270h motor?

I would like to replace my stock steel one with a GM aluminum one. I know the 330hp high rise one won't work. Is there a GM aluminum mid rise (or if I have to go after market) one that will work for my enigne.

The original LT-1 aluminum manifold is a good one. One of the best GM ever created for the small block. They're available and a direct bolt in.

Yes, but dosen't the LT-1 engine have the bigger heads and a different hood because of the manifold? I want to keep the same set-up I have just change the manifold.

An Edelbrock Performer will fit under your stock hood, with your stock air cleaner. I know this because that is what I have done. :)

I cannot advise regarding GM intakes.:confused

I'm quite happy with the Performer for my purposes-cruising with a kick when necessary (383 stroker, Edelbrock Performer cam and intake). Going to Cruisefest, I achieved a high of 18.2 MPG.

Rick
:gap

Yes, but dosen't the LT-1 engine have the bigger heads and a different hood because of the manifold? I want to keep the same set-up I have just change the manifold.

Yes.:D

The best one I have found out to use is the Edelbrock performer #2101. A increase in hp about 5, and low to mid-range power. It will fit under the hood. Thanks to all that replied.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom