Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

713 rwhp 1990 Callaway Twin Turbo - I'm back with new numbers!

632C2

Corvette
1990 Callaway Aerobody
Recently I decided to put my 1990 Callaway Twin Turbo on my DynoJet to free up the McLeod Street Twin that had "stuck" itself to the flywheel.

After a few boost runs with the clutch pedal depressed, it finally broke free. Sure beats the heck out of pulling the clutch out of the car!

At any rate, since the car was strapped down I decided to make a few runs on the car.

The first set of runs was at appx. 17.5 psi of boost. The best run was 595.51 rwhp / 673.49 rwtq. I then turned the screws on the wastegate one additional turn and the result was appx. 20 psi of boost. The best run was 654.84 rwhp / 727.28 rwtq. Finally, I turned the screws on the wastegates one more additional turn and the result was appx. 24 psi of boost! That run was 713.84 rwhp / 746.18 rwtq.

Steve

Recently I decided to put my 1990 Callaway Twin Turbo on my DynoJet to free up the McLeod Street Twin that had "stuck" itself to the flywheel.

After a few boost runs with the clutch pedal depressed, it finally broke free. Sure beats the heck out of pulling the clutch out of the car!

At any rate, since the car was strapped down I decided to make a few runs on the car.

The first set of runs was at appx. 17.5 psi of boost. The best run was 595.51 rwhp / 673.49 rwtq. I then turned the screws on the wastegate one additional turn and the result was appx. 20 psi of boost. The best run was 654.84 rwhp / 727.28 rwtq. Finally, I turned the screws on the wastegates one more additional turn and the result was appx. 24 psi of boost! That run was 713.84 rwhp / 746.18 rwtq.

Steve

WILL YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE CLUTCH???

OR IS IT WORKING FINE???

:lou:lou

:beer Was just thinking of this car the other day!! Always fun to hear about!! Gotta believe it will take some sticky tires to hook this to pavement!! Was this run on pump fuel or race gas? Thanks Ike

:beer Was just thinking of this car the other day!! Always fun to hear about!! Gotta believe it will take some sticky tires to hook this to pavement!! Was this run on pump fuel or race gas? Thanks Ike
Ike, it was run with plain old pump gas until the 24 psi run. I added a little Chemical X octane booster.

As far as the tires, I currently run some BFG Drag Radials on the DynoJet but IF I were to take it to the races, I would get a pair of Mickey Thompson Street Radials. I run them on my '67 small block Corvette with real good results.

Steve

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! :eek

That is AMAZING POWER!!!! I doubt ANY CAR from the era makes more power than a properly tuned Callaway TT :upthumbs

All I can say is incredible - what would that be over 800 at the crank? I live up in Seattle and would love to see that beast sometime. It'll be the motivation I need to get my project going!

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! :eek

That is AMAZING POWER!!!! I doubt ANY CAR from the era makes more power than a properly tuned Callaway TT :upthumbs
Thanks, Chris.

89onlyZ51 said:
All I can say is incredible - what would that be over 800 at the crank? I live up in Seattle and would love to see that beast sometime. It'll be the motivation I need to get my project going!
Thanks! HP at the crank might be somewhere around 840. Good luck with your project!

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom