Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

650.51 rwhp, 730.49 rwtq...

You've done some amazing R&D work on your TT. Callaway should hire you as a consultant!

On the clutch - I agree about the Centerforce Dual Friction not holding the torque. Mine starts to slip at peak torque in the higher gears. I'm contemplating a replacement.

The only negative I've heard on the McLeod Street Twin has to do with the dual disks each having less contact area with the input shaft of the transmission due to the obvious space constraints. In high hp/trq applications it can start to twist the input splines into an "S" shape. I have no first hand experience with this but it did read it in a credible post about clutches in another forum.

Kevin, thanks for the comments. I am not sure if the R&D work is amazing, but I have done plenty of it. I don't like to have to rely on what other people say works or doesn't work. I need to actually try it for myself.

As far as the negative you heard on McLeod Street Twins, I have seen none of it.

One of my other cars is a '67 Corvette with a 632 Big Chief motor and a McLeod Street Twin. Naturally aspirated it makes 917 rwhp. I have not seen any of the problems you spoke of. In fact, the last motor I had in the '67 was a 542. With nitrous it made 1192 rwhp. Again, zero problems with the McLeod Street Twin.

Interestingly enough, I was running an aluminum flywheel with that combo. After the high horsepower dyno runs I heard a weird noise coming from the bellhousing so I pulled everything apart. The flywheel was cracked around the crankshaft bolt holes and was just about ready to completely separate. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the input shaft of the trans. I replaced the aluminum flywheel with a steel one and everything has been great.

To say that I am a fan of McLeod would be an understatement.

Steve

Steve, does this sound like what you replaced the Microfueler with??

The Rebic IV is designed to help add additional fuel to any forced induction system. Install additional injector(s) on your charge pipe, serge tank or intake manifold and program the Rebic IV to control the additional injector(s)' duty cycle. This unit works independently from any other system and it can supplement your main system (factory, stand-alone, even carburetors). Control 1 to 8 sub-injectors by tuning in a fuel map from three adjustable parameters: boost, RPM and injector duty cycle.

REBIC IV
DESCIPTION SPL NOTES PART # LIST
REBIC IV INJ. CONTROLLER addional injector conroller 15500110 $740.00
REBIC IV DRIVER SET needed for 5-8 additional injectors 15900000 $220.00
REBIC IV INJ. HARNESS I inj. plug 1 set need for each add. inj., after 1 inj 15900001 $20.00
* call for applications*

Josh,

Mine is the Rebec III. I bought it back in the mid 90's. I also use their Simulator. It looks like the replacement for these two units is the Rebec IV.

If anything happens to my Rebec, I am going to take a hard look at the TurboFueler from BlowerWorks. I just purchased my fuel pumps from Greg at BlowerWorks and he seems to have a first class company.

Steve

Love the POWER!

TTT ^^^ The info in this thread may be of interest to our newer folks - Enjoy! :beer

Thanks Chris, I read about this a while back before becoming a member. That's alot of power with the intake system on the early C4 TPI.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom