Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

72 Saddle seat & shoulder belts (new)

New or NOS? What's the date code on the belts?

Will 72 fit on a 73?

I have a 73 and need the lap belt on the passenger side. Are the 72 belts compatible and will you consider selling just the lap belt?

1970 to 1972 used a lap belt with a separate shoulder belt and will not work in a 73 or later Vett. No the set will no be split-up.

1970 to 1972 used a lap belt with a separate shoulder belt and will not work in a 73 or later Vett. No the set will no be split-up.

New aftermarket or NOS? What is the data code stamped on the belt?

I am restoring my 72. In the past I've purchased the new seatbelts from a vendor and they do not mate with the original belts...so original vs aftermarket matters.

When you have your car NCRS judged, there is a date stamp on the belt webbing. you pull it out 100% until the belt stops and a white label is stitched on the belt webbing with a stampped date code....somethine like 35 E 1.

Do your belts have this date code and what is it this code?

It is an important issue to some folks looking for "new" belts for their cars.

I am restoring my 72. In the past I've purchased the new seatbelts from a vendor and they do not mate with the original belts...so original vs aftermarket matters.

When you have your car NCRS judged, there is a date stamp on the belt webbing. you pull it out 100% until the belt stops and a white label is stitched on the belt webbing with a stampped date code....somethine like 35 E 1.

Do your belts have this date code and what is it this code?

It is an important issue to some folks looking for "new" belts for their cars.
If you want NCRS belts go to Ssnake Oyl Products and have your restored and for an additional cost dated. Mine are not dated.

Thanks for a timely reply. I'm familiar with Snake Oyl. That's why I keep my eye open for another source. There's no reason to be negative.

Thanks for a timely reply. I'm familiar with Snake Oyl. That's why I keep my eye open for another source. There's no reason to be negative.
I was not negative but if you want NCRS quality you have to pay the price.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom