Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 72 Wiper Door problems

brettgo7

Corvette
White 72 Roadster
Hi,can anyone point me in the right direction? My wiper door Intermitently pops open when I shut the car off. Sound like A check valve? If so where is it located? Next Question. Some times the door wants to close early when turning off the wipers requiring me to switch back on then off again to get them to park.

First, welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Take a quick moment to visit the new member section and introduce yourself.

Sorry I can't help as I have no experience with the wipers of the 68 - 72 models. However, it sounds like it might just be a simple vacuum leak. When you shut the car off sometimes they have a little surge. When I first got my last Corvette (1976) it did the same thing with the headlamps. Sometimes one would pop up real quick or both, but would always go all the way back down on their own. Went through the entire vacuum system and never had the symptom again.

Hopefully someone with the wiper cover will be able to chime in with more certainty.:w

...My wiper door Intermitently pops open when I shut the car off. Sound like A check valve?...

Yes.

...Where is it located?...
VACUUMHOSEROUTE70-72.jpg

You will find two; one white plastic and one metal. Check the white plastic first.

...Next Question. Some times the door wants to close early when turning off the wipers requiring me to switch back on then off again to get them to park...

Might be related to the leaky check valve.

The assembly instruction manual (AIM) shows the valves, hose routing, relays, actuators, hose color coding, etc.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom