Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

74 VERT

The 1974 Corvette had "Corvette Orange".

Elaine

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on that color. :D

......... nut

Line em up fella's. We'll do;em all orange. Thnx for the nice coments guys. Dave :w

:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie

74 vert almost done. only the sill plates and some odds and ends left. Bought a 1980 claret color vette this week. needs some work . 8/1/07
VETTES2CARS7-1-07GOODA-A1.jpg

ORANGEVETTE74INTERIORDONE7-14-07014.jpg

CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACK001.jpg

VETTE80CLARET009.jpg

:beer

Dave :w 8/1/07

Congratulations on C3 #3!!! The '74 looks fabulous...and the '80 doesn't look bad, either! :D

Elaine

Thnx.Won't be long now. Both seats are redone in leather and now installed.
CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACKBAC.jpg

CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACKPAS.jpg

Elaine the 2002 and 2005 are some beauty's in there own. There's a local freind of mine that painted both the 81 and the 74 vert for me ( Tony Sisko ) he does some real nice work and is a BIG help on putting the cars back together. My son that owns the 69 vette is good at all the interior work. Most the time i'm more like the Gopher guy. Dave

ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVE-2.jpg

:boogie:boogie:boogie :bar

:boogie:boogie

By the way , this is what the interior on the vert looked like. Yikes . :boogie:boogie Dave

74VETTEORANCE6-15INSIDE.jpg

By the way , this is what the interior on the vert looked like. Yikes . :boogie:boogie Dave

74VETTEORANCE6-15INSIDE.jpg

Dave- looks like a heater core leaked at some time in the past! Those things are a PITA to replace when the interior is in. I swear, it was like trying to deliver a 10lb baby to get the core out from under the dash of my 1978 Vette.

As for the floors... on my 1980, I had similar looking floor pans. I used a steel brush wheel and went from the front to the rear of the cabin to scuff it and get rid of debris, loose funk, etc. Then, I went over it with an epoxy based black (like POR-15). Not correct for a restoration- but just right for the clean look of a resto-mod. The satin black really cleaned up the look of battery and storage compartments. It works well in a Silver paint/Claret interior car. Too bad POR-15 doesn't come in colors...

Darkshark, your right the heater core sprung a leak when i was bring the car back home fron the painters. Dave:w

Dave, the convertible is looking great. Here is a progress pic of my car as of today. We did pick an orange,but we strayed from original. As I am sure you are, I am eagerly working towards completion. Have a great day. Ben

Ben , your is looking great. What orange did you go with ?? Good luck on the completion. Send some pix when ya get er dun. Dave :upthumbs

No bigger attachment Farmer. Looks like you were installing the corvette lettering. Been there dun that. Dave :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom