Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

74 VERT

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
Finally started to work on the 74 Vert. Still has to have final wet sand and buffing. New carpet, leather seat covers , sill plates and on and on and on. Dave:w
74VETTE1.jpg

Another pix. That"s masking tape around the wheel wells on the first pix. Painted black all up inside the wheel wells. Dave :w
74vETTE2.jpg

:bar

Looks good, nice color. Bet you cant wait to get it out and drive it.

Thnx guys. It's coming slowly. Also put the headlight assemblies back in yesterday, alot of gruntin and groanin on that project. Going to put the deck lid back on today and put the door glass back in , oh ya , and hopfully get the taillights back in. Dave :w
:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie

Yous gots some talent there Dave ;)

Looking Very Good ;)

Bud

Dave,

I was sure taken back in time when I saw the pictures of your '74. My husband had the exact same Corvette Orange '74 roadster (though ours had a tan interior)!! You're doing a fantastic job!!

Elaine

Love the color!!! Do you have actual color name and code? Thanks, Ben

The 1974 Corvette had "Corvette Orange".

Elaine

Hi Ben , Elaine is correct . In 74 it was called corvette orange. I'll be going back out this weekend to work on the car and i'll check the code. Can't remember off the top of my head, Dave :w

:beer

Thanks, I knew of the 74 color Corvette Orange but hadn't seen confirmed pics of the actual color. My 74 is nearing the paint stage, and we are leaning to Orange. If you get the code and supplier of paint I sure would appreciate it. Ben

Ben i'll find out and get back. By the way where is Wyoming, Ont ? I was Raised in Burlington , Ont. Moved to the states in 1965. Dave:w
:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie

Paint code according the Corvette Black Book is 80.

Hi Ben . It is a ppg paint. Corvette orange Poly. Code is DVU2548. . This is a pix as of yesterday %5/19:w
CORVETTEORANGE745-19-07002.jpg

:boogie :boogie :boogie

Still have to get the door handles on, side windows in, stingray emblems , alarm lock and interior in. But it's a comin. Dave :w

CORVETTEORANGE745-19-07001.jpg

CORVETTEORANGE745-19-07005.jpg

:bar

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom