Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

75 Fan Shroud Repair

emf1367

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
Does anyone know the best way to repair an original fan shroud? Mine has cracks and I'd like to repair it but I can't tell what it's made from; seems to be plastic of some sort. I don't know what type of adhesive to use for the repair. I'd appreciate any tips and advice.

Thanks.

I used a two part epoxy that comes in the tubes that when you squirt it it mixes together....Open the crack using a toothpick and then fill the crack with the epoxy. then take the toothpick out, itll squeeze the epoxy out and fill the crack, once it dries, sand it down lightly and repaint the whole shroud......I did mine this way and it came out awesome....

Thanks for the information waterboy. What material is yours made of? Was yours painted from the factory?

Mine is original and looks like the blackish/gray material was pressed into a mold. I think it might be ABS but I'm not sure. Unfortunately it wasn't painted from the factory.

Not sure of the material, but its black ad grayish ABS type...was NOT painted from the factory however after making the reapair I was unable to keep it original non painted so I paineted it with the med gloss 30 black....Looks great now.....nice and clean....especially since I replaced the shroud decal too...

Good luck!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom