Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

75 Tach Problem

7

75MAKOSHARK

Guest
All the aftermarket reproduction catalogs say the "tach circuit board is 95% of the problem of faulty tachs." But what is the other 5% of this problem?
I ordered a brand spanking new circuit and installed it properly and the needle just spins freely!
As I took apart the tach, I noticed that there is some type of small electric motor riveted to the back of the tach faceplate. Does anyone know if this can be the faulty part? I've heard of the tach filter also and its functional.
 

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom