Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: 750HP Corvette Z03 Concept headed for production

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
750HP Corvette Z03 Concept headed for production

20.02.08 06:02

Corvette-Z03-Concept-2.jpg

( Motor Authority )- Ugur Sahin, the Dutch-based designer of the previous Ferrari Dino study, has plans to put one of his latest creations, the stunning Z03 Corvette concept into production. The car looks similar to the Dino concept, as well as the Ferrari 599-based Vandenbrink GTO but is designed around a much cheaper donor car to make it more accessible.

The Corvette Z03 concept is in fact based on a humble Corvette Z06, a car that already features an excellent chassis to build upon. Co-founder of Ugur Sahin Design, Axel van Mourik, was impressed by the Z06’s proven track record in motorsports and this ended up making it an attractive choice for the design company.

The Z03 concept features significant modifications to the exterior as well as the engine and interior. The end result should see peak power reach close to 750hp from the LS7 V8 in a fully specced model. There will be other engine options, ranging from 500 to 750 horsepower and with three choices in total. The car is expected to weigh somewhere around 1375 kg, making it 50 pounds lighter than the Z06 although there have been other reports stating that it could be up to 100 pounds less than the Z06.

The car will be produced in a limited production run of just 100 and demand is expected to be high. The exact details surrounding the Z03 will be announced in March with deliveries for the US market expected around the end of 2008, giving the manufacturers quite an ambitious deadline.

The project has had help from various partners, including former Corvette chief engineer, Dave McLellan, which should ensure that the Z03 drives as well as it looks.

More Photos: http://www.vettetube.com/gallery/sho...ry.php/cat/527

WOW!...and I thought GM's designers were good.

Easy there. This same front end design was discontinued 30 years ago beause it makes the front end lift at high speeds. Ask anyone who has pushed a C2 or C3 vette past 150 mph, or any of the vaunted Italian roadcars of that era. Scary, scary, scary!:W

Much of the aero advantage on today's cars are underneath. Back in the day, we didn't pay any attention to under car airflow - and neither did the General, for the most part. That's a big reason for flying C3s. Compare that with the underside of the C5 and C6, which is part of the whole package. I doubt if the designers of the concept have forgotten that cars can fly at 200mph. They have had experience with the prancing horse, so they much know their way around a wind tunnel. :upthumbs

FVAAAARRRRY Ntrresting....

Boy am I going to get it for this one.. but here goes... that is what the C6 SHOULD have looked like! There.. I said it.

-Tatortot (just one man, with one opinion) :D

C6 space-ship?

Boy am I going to get it for this one.. but here goes... that is what the C6 SHOULD have looked like! There.. I said it.

-Tatortot (just one man, with one opinion) :D
;LOL
Step away from the crack pipe!!! :boogie
That is a bit too star-trek for me. I am glad the C6 is not THAT "advanced" looking. The C6 could have been a BIT more modernized... but that's a bit much for me... Maybe I AM getting old!?! :eek:hnoes

That car is stunning. GM should have made it..

Wow!

c-2 fastback lifts at 140 indicated going over slight rise.

That car is stunning. GM should have made it..

Wow!
MAybe they could change the lift on the front with spoilers or something

It definitely has the C3 look in it. Hopefully it looks better in person. 750hp is fairly stout though. It is starting to grow on me ;)

;LOL
Step away from the crack pipe!!! :boogie
That is a bit too star-trek for me. I am glad the C6 is not THAT "advanced" looking. The C6 could have been a BIT more modernized... but that's a bit much for me... Maybe I AM getting old!?! :eek:hnoes

No crack here, sorry.

Reminds me of the curves of a C3, which obviously I love. The front end resembles a Ferrari a little too much for me, but I like it a lot!!

-Tatortot

I might have to pick it up and stay in Europe!

All I can say is LUST!:D

750HP? I doubt it will happen. The "HP wars" are coming to a rapid end, unfortunately. The Fed's are starting to notice the HP of cars. It may become 1973 all over again.:W

That has to be the limit for a n/a LS7. Any engine component specs out?

Edit: Never mind it's a TT.

I don't know what the exact limit of the LS7 is N/A, but from what I've seen 700hp seems really hard to achieve. I've seen forged, head/cam, header LS7's mostly in the 620hp range. Nothing to sneeze at. Add a F1 procharger to this setup and 800rwhp is doable.

Update:

For those that enjoyed seeing the Ugur Sahin Corvette Z03 Concept, here is a link to some awesome hi-res wallpaper images from conceptcarz.com.

Z03 Corvette Hi Res

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

I really like the renderings - we'll see how it looks in 10/10 scale after one is actually made. Things usually change when production and fabrication issues arise.

Pigs will fly at warp speeds before the "Z03" sees the light of day on U.S. roads.

So true! The front end (bumper) wouldn't even be legal in China. It is a good looking design though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom