Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

76 Project Car, Updated Pics

76ers

Corvette
1976 Blue Coupe
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1630502

Spending the weekend tearing the interior out and a few more chores. Uploaded some more pics so I could empty the camera card and uphold my agreement to keep everyone posted. Note the passenger side seat has NO springs at all in the base. Haven't seen these in any of the Vette-specific catalogs. Maybe an upholstery shop? The floor pans are as bad as I imagined them to be. Driver side seatbelt anchor location on tranny hump is rusted bad. Hope the new floor pans come up high enough on the sides to allow removal of old metal. If not, tranny hump may need to be partially removed and replaced. Can you say "sheet metal"? Back to the fun...pouring down raining here in Ft. Worth. Great day to work on a Vette.

Ricardo
"Gearge Carlin once asked, "What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?"

That floor pan replacement looks like a serious project. Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have stayed with the fiberglass floor pan? Keep us posted on your progress.

Tom

Thanks for the photos and description.

You're in the thick of it now. :w

Tom Bryant said:
That floor pan replacement looks like a serious project. Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have stayed with the fiberglass floor pan? Keep us posted on your progress.

Tom

Like the Chevette steering wheel, the floor pans were obviously someone's idea of a joke at GM. I'm not laughing at the 260.00 each price tag for a set of pans. BUt of course, either do it right or suffer the consequences. At least I can put a paint job on them that should prevent future issues. Wonder if coating them with underspray after the pain job (underneath the car of course) is wise?

:L Actually Richard, it's a Vega Steering Wheel in the '76 ;)

Bud

Rare81 said:
:L Actually Richard, it's a Vega Steering Wheel in the '76 ;)

Bud

Go ahead. Try and ruin my day.:D But first, get a number, get in line....
The previous owner told me they were Chevette wheels. Never owned a C3 before this one, so I just bought into it. Sort of. Either way, it's blue, it's dang ugly, and it's going in the trash. It's not even salvageable that I can tell. The interior will be red/black trim on the restoration.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom