Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

77 dash in a 75

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
Hello all,

as winter is approaching I am lookin ahead to redoing th einterior of my 75 ... the worst part of the car. I did the seats and covers, now i want to do the dash, so it all matches and maybe a new color for the carpet ... but anyway - will a 77 dash fit into a 75? I found a good price on a good dash but it is a 75 dash ... let me know if could work - thanks all

kev

LVMYVT76

Corvette
1976 medium blue
well I saw a 79 in a 71 the other day, but you could tell it. Your heater controls are different, wiring harness to hook up guages? who knows unless you have worked on both. I would spend the extra money on the correct parts, it might save a lot of frustrations unless you have plenty of time to adapt everything. Its not what I want to spend my time doing.

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
no, not all of the dash parts, sorry - i have a new guage cluster/center console from ecklers with a CD player installed ... what i was getting at is just the upper dash . not the guages or map pocket or anything. The dash is the worst part and was going to get a new one rather than repair this one -- make everything match in color then put it all back together. (or maybe just dye it black and keep the rest tan, dunno)

But will just the upper dash from a 77 fit into a 75 ... ecklers sells dash caps that are plastic and adhere to the old dash - includes 75 and 77 - but you all know more than i do so i want to check before i committ to buying his Upper Dash

kev

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom