Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

77 dash in a 75

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
Hello all,

as winter is approaching I am lookin ahead to redoing th einterior of my 75 ... the worst part of the car. I did the seats and covers, now i want to do the dash, so it all matches and maybe a new color for the carpet ... but anyway - will a 77 dash fit into a 75? I found a good price on a good dash but it is a 75 dash ... let me know if could work - thanks all

kev

well I saw a 79 in a 71 the other day, but you could tell it. Your heater controls are different, wiring harness to hook up guages? who knows unless you have worked on both. I would spend the extra money on the correct parts, it might save a lot of frustrations unless you have plenty of time to adapt everything. Its not what I want to spend my time doing.

no, not all of the dash parts, sorry - i have a new guage cluster/center console from ecklers with a CD player installed ... what i was getting at is just the upper dash . not the guages or map pocket or anything. The dash is the worst part and was going to get a new one rather than repair this one -- make everything match in color then put it all back together. (or maybe just dye it black and keep the rest tan, dunno)

But will just the upper dash from a 77 fit into a 75 ... ecklers sells dash caps that are plastic and adhere to the old dash - includes 75 and 77 - but you all know more than i do so i want to check before i committ to buying his Upper Dash

kev

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom