Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

77 parking brake handle

77-4speed

Corvette
1977 Black L-82 4-speed
Help!

I am trying to find the plastic handle for my parking brake. I have found a few catalogues that carry them but they all seem to stop in 76. Is there something funny about a 77 that I don't know? If anyone has had to replace this part, please let me know where you found it and how much it cost.

Oh, by the way, I am also stumped as to how I should connect my new amplifier. My battery is a side-terminal battery and therefore it is about inpossible to connect a heavy gauge wire between the male battery cable and the female battery. Any ideas? I know there are some 77 owners out there with new parking brake handles and boomin' stereo systems!

Thanks everybody,

Russ

Not sure about the handle, maybe Chicago Corvette? I think you could probably pick up the end of your battery cable at the starter solenoid and make a good connection there.

Thanks Big Fish,

I hadn't thought about the solenoid. I probably could tie in there. Does Chicago Corvette have a web address?

Thanks for the input.

Russ

Their web site is www.chicagocorvette.com, but it doesn't give much in the way of the products they carry. I looked up the parking brake lever you are looking for, catalog shows it is for 68 through 82, catalog #C1302. You would probably be best off calling about this to be sure, (708) 458-2800 8:00am-6:00pm CDT. Hope this helps, good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom