Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 79 a/c issue

vettefreak

Corvette
working on father's 1979 Corvette
I have two questions regarding my 79 vette that I am working on. First, on the back of the a/c control switch, there is a rubber piece that holds the vacuum lines to the vacuum control switch. Are the lines supposed to be able to be removed from this because in my car they are like glued in and I am afraid to pull them out and tear the lines. Apparently they have been switch it looks and I need to switch them back but I am also afraid that once I pull them out I won't be able to get them back in correctly.

Second, the vacuum line that runs under the hood for the a/c was just left unhooked to anything. Does anyone know exactly where this line is supposed to be attached? I have read that it is suppose to hook into the head light lines, but where? I am a rookie and need some help. Thanks.

Should be a white small plastic hose coming from the vacume lines which should be one of the two that is hooked to the small metal filter which is fed off the rear of the intake. The small white hose is fed through the firewall into the AC/Heater Switch.
As for the hoses being glued to the switch assembly, probably just stuck due to heat and age. Don't move them around untill you have a good vacume to the switch assembly. Make sure you need to move the hoses before you do, as you may have a problem getting a good seal again.
Proceed slowely; also the white plastic hose is brittle and will break if bent too much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom